Prospect Info: Michael DiPietro

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
@Bad Goalie says he's basically a puppet GM. Made terrible moves on signing players for Utica.

If he's a puppet GM, he shouldn't be blamed for the signings should he? Esche did mention Johnson and Gear as the two guys he loved working with so I assume Johnson actually did do some work since according to BG Johnson wasn't even around.

Regardless, the whole situation of Dipietro not getting his 8 games is ridiculous absent some sort of pre-existing agreement.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
How the hell did they not claim ANY warm body goalie for their taxi squad.

What an absolute waste of a development year.
Don't forget that he was also thrown to the wolves in his first ever NHL game because we didn't have a goalie to fill in. He had to play all 60 minutes and finished with a .708 save percentage that game. Having to play an 18 year old goalie without any backup. Pathetic.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
If he's a puppet GM, he shouldn't be blamed for the signings should he? Esche did mention Johnson and Gear as the two guys he loved working with so I assume Johnson actually did do some work since according to BG Johnson wasn't even around.

Regardless, the whole situation of Dipietro not getting his 8 games is ridiculous absent some sort of pre-existing agreement.

He's a puppet GM in terms of Canuck matters. As for free agent signings to boost Utica, he was crap. Pretty sure Benning is not involved in signing some AHL pro.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
He's a puppet GM in terms of Canuck matters. As for free agent signings to boost Utica, he was crap. Pretty sure Benning is not involved in signing some AHL pro.
Benning's too busy making up fabricated stories to tell the media. Clearly the guy has no verbal skills so it must take him months to just come up and practice what he's going to say for 1 30 min interview. That and dying his hair from all the stress he's taken on from the shit job he's done here and having to do 1 interview every 3 months.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
How the hell did they not claim ANY warm body goalie for their taxi squad.

What an absolute waste of a development year.
Because Benning is a spineless coward, that's how. St. Louis simply pushed him aside and took over Benning's farm team. Even if Dipietro was in the AHL, St. Louis wouldn't have let him play. May as well let him practice with NHLers, if Benning is going to be bullied like the sissy he is.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
When the f*** Will I get my likes back? They took them away from me like a year ago.

godupdates-3-steps-to-break-chains-of-addiction-fb-1024x538.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

One of the unlikeliest Canadian golds ever - and DiPietro gets to share in it.

Cosmic justice after he was Canada’s MVP at the WJC in Vancouver and they didn’t even medal.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
it says something about DiPietro, that Hockey Canada thought enough of him to include him as the third goalie for this year's World Hockey Championships, even though he's only played a handful of games this season.

The best thing to happen to the Canucks goaltending next season, would be for Holtby to get traded or scooped up in the expansion draft, forcing the Canucks to use DiPietro has their NHL backup. Because being 'forced into it's the only way it'll ever happen.

I mean I can't believe that DiPietro could have been much worse than Holtby in a backup role. You don't have to pay $5m a season for an .877 save percentage and a GAA well into the three's.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Not a tough guy, alpha male, winner at life like you whatever your name is?
Pro-Benning, huh? He can do no wrong. It's totally fine that he can't even find icetime for one of his top prospects ---> on his own farm team... because some other team says so. You're ok with that?

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Pro-Benning, huh? He can do no wrong. It's totally fine that he can't even find icetime for one of his top prospects ---> on his own farm team... because some other team says so. You're ok with that?
Well he did move his farm team to his own backyard as a solution the very next season. Not saying I'm a Benning fan, but that cannot be overlooked.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Well he did move his farm team to his own backyard as a solution the very next season. Not saying I'm a Benning fan, but that cannot be overlooked.

Well - Utica was our farm team, too. We allowed St. Louis to share the group and play their prospects there.

But to see that the Blues were somehow able to impose their will with the Canucks’ proprietary farm team is just shocking, and a really stupid look for our organization. Wherever you want to say the buck stops, whether it was with Esche, Johnson, Benning, or Aquilini himself - that made our organization look really pathetic. IMO.

Also, the decision to move the farm team was Aquilini’s as well. He may have gotten input from Benning (and the others), but that’s not the type of thing a GM typically has the final say on, to my knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad