Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This draft is absolutely remarkable holy ****

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
He has a bit of a speech impediment. I grew up with a speech impediment, so I have nothing but sympathy for him. Good luck, buddy.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Bleh, don't like drafting goalies. They are a dime a dozen in today's NHL and would rather sign or trade for one when the time comes that you need one.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Jealous. Here's a small look at DiPietro

DiPietro’s hockey IQ is supplemented by DiPietro’s high level footwork which makes him one of the quickest goalies in this draft. The hockey IQ/footwork combination is important to have for DiPietro as it helps mitigate the fact he doesn’t take up as much net as Oettinger/Skinner/Petruzzelli. So DiPietro has to be smart about when to aggressively challenge and in how he recovers. This combination also makes DiPietro highly effective in stopping tipped pucks as he’s capable of changing direction mid-motion and getting something in front of it. Lastly DiPietro movements are very polished. His upper body rarely loses position which translates to successful last second, quick lateral movements.

The biggest question is not his size but will his play style transition over. Parsons is a good comparable for him in terms of play style. Also has the same weaknesses as Parsons in that DiPietro is prone to being over aggressive and reacting too fast at times resulting in dangerous rebounds.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
A little concerned about his height for a goalie these days, but was supremely impressed watching him this spring.

thegutter

May 22, 2011
Bleh, don't like drafting goalies. They are a dime a dozen in today's NHL and would rather sign or trade for one when the time comes that you need one.

Not a fan of drafting goalies at all? I understand not in the first or second even but don't see the trouble in ttying to land a matt murray in the later rounds.

jonnygf40

Oct 23, 2009
Eesh ... could Lipanov slide to us in the 4th round??

Edit: Nevermind

Last edited:

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Not really (see Calgary)

I 100% knew someone would say this. Brian Burke is special.

If the Flames would just give the job to some random 26 year old and let him have it, they'd be fine.

Their problem is they keep adding over-the-hill has-beens or never-wases. Jon Gillies would probably do better than Mike Smith. I'll amend my statement. Goalies under 30 are a dime a dozen. Goalies are a wasted pick.

But obviously better to waste the 64th than the 55th or 33rd.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
LOL. Are we actually having this draft? I'm shocked to say I've liked every pick we've made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->