Michael Del Zotto

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by SoundwaveIsCharisma, Nov 21, 2006.

View Users: View Users
  1. SoundwaveIsCharisma

SoundwaveIsCharisma Moderator

Home Page:
    Just stumbled across his name in the Tavares/Stamkos thread and was wondering what type of player Del Zotto is. He's a dman and is scoring at PPG so far in his rookie season, so I was wondering if he's good defensively, physical and all that. Thanks.

2. ISS Hockey

ISS Hockey Top30 Draft Rankings

Home Page:
    Before last spring's OHL Priority Selection (a fancy word for a draft, no?) ISS had him ranked as the best defensive defenceman and the the best offensive defenceman available in the draft. He was picked No. 2 by Oshawa, right after Stamkos.

In our pre-draft guide, we praised him for his heady play and raved about his passing ability, saying he moved the puck like an eight-year pro.

3. HFNHL Canadiens

HFNHL Canadiens Registered User

student
    The kid is an offensive wizard from the back end and posseses offensive skills that cannot be taught, defensively he has been alright so far, he is still young and will likely develope better defensive abilitys as he matures. The '90 born dman that has impressed me the most is Alex Pietrangelo. The kid has been a rock on defense for Mississauga this year and has shown great offensive upside. Del Zotto likely has the higher ceiling but quite frankly Pietrangelo has impressed me more. From the couple televised games I have seen.

4. Stealth JD

Stealth JD Get some beer...and some...cleaning products. Sponsor

Pietrangelo is an NHL '08 draft eligible. What about Del Zotto....'08 or '09?

5. Crosby=Gretzky

Crosby=Gretzky Registered User

School
    Del Zotto's 2008

He's '08, too. Born on Apr. 24th, IIRC.