Michael Del Zotto

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Just stumbled across his name in the Tavares/Stamkos thread and was wondering what type of player Del Zotto is. He's a dman and is scoring at PPG so far in his rookie season, so I was wondering if he's good defensively, physical and all that. Thanks.

Before last spring's OHL Priority Selection (a fancy word for a draft, no?) ISS had him ranked as the best defensive defenceman and the the best offensive defenceman available in the draft. He was picked No. 2 by Oshawa, right after Stamkos.

In our pre-draft guide, we praised him for his heady play and raved about his passing ability, saying he moved the puck like an eight-year pro.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
The kid is an offensive wizard from the back end and posseses offensive skills that cannot be taught, defensively he has been alright so far, he is still young and will likely develope better defensive abilitys as he matures. The '90 born dman that has impressed me the most is Alex Pietrangelo. The kid has been a rock on defense for Mississauga this year and has shown great offensive upside. Del Zotto likely has the higher ceiling but quite frankly Pietrangelo has impressed me more. From the couple televised games I have seen.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The kid is an offensive wizard from the back end and posseses offensive skills that cannot be taught, defensively he has been alright so far, he is still young and will likely develope better defensive abilitys as he matures. The '90 born dman that has impressed me the most is Alex Pietrangelo. The kid has been a rock on defense for Mississauga this year and has shown great offensive upside. Del Zotto likely has the higher ceiling but quite frankly Pietrangelo has impressed me more. From the couple televised games I have seen.

Pietrangelo is an NHL '08 draft eligible. What about Del Zotto....'08 or '09?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad