Value of: Michael Dal Colle

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Just pick him off waivers? Isn't he waiver fodder now?
No, he's got one more year
ya the price has to be right for sure. IIRC JVR's acceleration was always mediocre but he was fast when he got to speed, but I think the post-broken foot JVR is a better comp and he was still good for the Leafs.

Maybe NYI would give him up for a low ceiling/high floor type at some point this year, see if a Brooks/Timashov/Trevor Moore/Engvall type starts looking like a good bet to be an NHL'er and take a flyer on it
Can't seem us being interested in that kind of player. We already have a crazy logjam of bottom 6 forwards with a number of prospects ready soon (Ho-Sang, Bellows, Wahlstrom, etc.)

Realistic price is probably a 4th. Not sure if the FO is looking to sell low on him though, they might just rather keep him.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Michael Dal Cole +6th rounder for a 7th rounder....that's about his value

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
It really is sad to see such a high draft pick flop (so far). I hope he can carve out a career with a team whether that be the Islanders or not.

I mean, looking back at his junior numbers they were fantastic.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
How about a reclamation project for another one?

Isles:
McCarron, Michael
2019 Habs 6th rd pick
2020 Winnipeg 4th rd pick

Mtl:
Dal Colle, Michael
2019 Isles 7th rd pick

McCarron has at least shown he's capable of a 4th liner/13th forward type of role and has bigger size. But obviously the upside is with Dal Colle if he ever puts it together.

Or maybe drop the 6th and replace McCarron with Rychel, Kerby ?

Interesting.

Gotta imagine that Lou would take that into consideration.

Reactions: IODCPiper

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Islanders have a high success rate in getting busts in the top-5, must say, it is a quality that should be brought more about Snow, he finds the top en busts, and saves everyone from them, except Oilers.... they crave them more then I crave chocolate.

The Oilers had 1 pick that busted that was a high pick . YAK ! Yet he was rated 1 by most scouts . I would argue coaching was a problem but if you watch Yak he just didn't do anything at a real high level to be a 1st OA . Likeable kid and i wish him all the best . He just isn't a NHL player . PRV was a 10th OA and i said it then and i will say it now the Oilers should have moved him to defence . He played D most of his career . The Oilers needed D badly and he was solid defensively . He could skate . Seem dumb they never moved him back to what i consider his natural position

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The Oilers had 1 pick that busted that was a high pick . YAK ! Yet he was rated 1 by most scouts . I would argue coaching was a problem but if you watch Yak he just didn't do anything at a real high level to be a 1st OA . Likeable kid and i wish him all the best . He just isn't a NHL player . PRV was a 10th OA and i said it then and i will say it now the Oilers should have moved him to defence . He played D most of his career . The Oilers needed D badly and he was solid defensively . He could skate . Seem dumb they never moved him back to what i consider his natural position
I think he's commenting on the trades for Reinhart and Strome. I also have no idea who "PRV" is.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why would you put BarelyAnNHL'er on McDavid's wing?
Because he has an additional year of waiver exemption where the Oilers could develop him their way and Dal Colle's ability is similar to what Ty Rattie brings to the table. They both have decent offensive instincts and both have a high quality shot.

McDavid doesn't need star players to compliment him and finding good linemates for him at under $1m is how the Oilers can provide him with considerable organizational depth.

Last edited:

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I was talking about Strome and Reinhart, not Yak :)

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I was talking about Strome and Reinhart, not Yak :)

I wouldn't call Strome a bust yet. Disappointing? Sure, he won't ever be a star player, but if he starts this season the way he finished last, he will carve out a nice career as a middle six forward. No harm in having a guy like Strome around.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Just curious, is he one of those players that is worth more to the current organization than he is on the market (based off draft position) or would Islanders fans be open to moving him for a player of equal to slightly higher value?
Alexandre Daigle? My grandma and a year's supply of her Parkinson's meds?

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Haven't seen him play this year but he is currently leading Bridgeport in scoring with 8 points in 7 games.

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Still want to see him in Edmonton's system. Nice to see he's off to a good start this year. In a year where the Isles are poised to be the NHL's punching bag, this might be the best time for him to break in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->