Player Discussion Michael Chaput - Shampoo At Your Service Edition (Traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Chaput is waived as expected. So the Habs lost 3 players on waivers this year, we can make it 4 soon enough. The signings of Agostino and Chaput were basically useless. I would have preferred keeping JDL as the 4th line center. The Peca seems more useless now than ever.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Jul 6, 2016
I hope .... for Laval.... that he clears and play thre. They need any help they can at forward.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't see him claimed either but Agostino went, so you never know. A bottom seat team might just give Chaput a chance.

well it makes more sense for Agostino since he's a UFA so they are just on the hook for the last 2 months of the season, he makes 700K in the NHL. Plus it might have had something to do with NJ's AHL team fighting with Laval for that final spot, Agostino would have helped them a lot.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Chaput is waived as expected. So the Habs lost 3 players on waivers this year, we can make it 4 soon enough. The signings of Agostino and Chaput were basically useless. I would have preferred keeping JDL as the 4th line center. The Peca seems more useless now than ever.
Never hurts to have depth and it's not a bad thing to lose a guy like Agostino on waivers, it gives some cap space to trade for a real 4th liner like Thompson, as seen this afternoon.
Scherbak was worth f-all. De la Rose's lost hurts a little bit but easily replaceable.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
It is interesting that Chaput and Agostino played over Peca and Hudon for the majority of the games since they were called-up but they are still the less desirable ones.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs already have a tribute video, whether he ends up in Laval or gets picked up.

QoI6OEC.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm a Laval season ticket holder, so no :cry:

Agostino, DLR, Scherbak and McCarron (waiver or injuries), that's 4 top6 fwd right there. They need Chaput and one of Hudon/Peca badly.

EDIT: Add Froese by trade to that. What a ****ing disastrous year for Laval forward corps.

Now I see what you mean. What are they going to do, call up a bunch of ECHL guys?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I didn’t get Agostino or Chaput. Glad that we improved the depth with some actual NHL bodies at little to arguably no expense

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It is interesting that Chaput and Agostino played over Peca and Hudon for the majority of the games since they were called-up but they are still the less desirable ones.

It doesn't make sense to me. Our 4th line of Agostino-Chaput-Deslauriers was pretty good for most of the year. Most lines go through a bad spell.

Oh well, they're really ruthlessly cleaning out this closet, like they did with the dcorps when they sent Ouellet, Alzner, and Schlemko down back-to-back-to-back in favor of Mete, Juulsen, Reilly, and Kulak. That d-corps cleansing was a good move.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Now I see what you mean. What are they going to do, call up a bunch of ECHL guys?

They already called up Martineau and Adams-Moisan (our ECHL depth that was signed by Laval at the start of the year), plus signed Alex Kile to a PTO.

They just added Marc-Olivier Roy, 24 years old former Oilers 2nd rounder, on a PTO. He's a scorer at the ECHL level (0.93 PPG), but was never able to stick in the AHL (30 pts in 90 games, but only 10 in his last 48 games spanning 3 years).

If Chaput gets claimed, their PO hopes are pretty much dead.

Reactions: MasterMatt25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad