Player Discussion Michael Chaput - Shampoo At Your Service Edition (Traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Dwight King, Byron Froese, Logan Shaw, now Michael Chaput.. Claude always needs one of his untalented AHL caliber players in the lineup.

Given we lack high end talent I'd rather just play Peca who can at least chip in offensively instead of a guy who can't do anything other than being above average at faceoffs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He does a decent job to replace JDLR in the lineup

would rather have DLR. Younger, bigger, faster, better PKer, is out producing him on a worse team although in more games as their ppg is about the same. DLR has 2 goals to Chaput's 0.

I think the next question is who does Julien prefer, Chaput, Hudon or DLO? As one of them is likely going when Armia is back.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Dwight King, Byron Froese, Logan Shaw, now Michael Chaput.. Claude always needs one of his untalented AHL caliber players in the lineup.

Given we lack high end talent I'd rather just play Peca who can at least chip in offensively instead of a guy who can't do anything other than being above average at faceoffs.

Chaput is the best of that bunch though, I have no problem with him centering the 4th line. Froese was alright too I guess.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's been pretty awful lately, there's a reason he's a good AHL player... he spends a lot of time there.

He's also been pretty awful again lately.

There was the Michael Chaput penalty for delay of game against the Bruins on Monday, with less than 2 minutes to play and several of us got on his case: GDT: - Game 47: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins 7:30pm EST NBCSN, TSN2. RDS

Prior to that, he was too busy to notice where he was at and paid for it against the Avs:

K3RsobK.gif

He capped it all off with a turnover in the Habs's zone yesterday against the Panthers, which allowed the puck to land squarely on Mike Hoffman's stick for a goal, costing Niemi a shutout:

nDtLN1U.gif

How much longer, Michael Chaput? I can't believe this guy is still with the club.

Which prompted one poster in the Bruins GDT to quip:

That's it, no more shampoo for me. Baking soda from now on.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I would think it's time to send him back to Laval, and bring up Big Mac. The last few games, Chaput has been nothing short of awful and has directly caused two goals scored on the team...he seemed ok at the onset, but has been pretty bad recently.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I would rather have DLR /cry

would rather have DLR. Younger, bigger, faster, better PKer, is out producing him on a worse team although in more games as their ppg is about the same. DLR has 2 goals to Chaput's 0.

I too do not understand why DLR is not our fourth line center?

I'm pretty sure DLR is not playing center for the Wings. Perhaps he will not be an NHL center, which makes me miss him much less.

As for Chaput, definitely a bad mixup between he and Reilly last game. I like what Chaput brings and with Byron out maybe not the time to sit Chaput, but maybe let Peca have another go? I wouldn't send Chaput down at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's had a bad run in the last few games, in the least they should be looking to sitting Chaput.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would think it's time to send him back to Laval, and bring up Big Mac. The last few games, Chaput has been nothing short of awful and has directly caused two goals scored on the team...he seemed ok at the onset, but has been pretty bad recently.

McCarron's been injured for going on 3 weeks, really hope they don't call him up just yet, he was really starting to heat up before the injury and was on a nice roll. Really want to see the Habs stop doing this when they call up a struggling prospect just as he's starting to put things together. Really want to see them start giving these kids more time to build off and see what happens. That said there's not much down in Laval that can help the Habs.

I'm pretty sure DLR is not playing center for the Wings. Perhaps he will not be an NHL center, which makes me miss him much less.

As for Chaput, definitely a bad mixup between he and Reilly last game. I like what Chaput brings and with Byron out maybe not the time to sit Chaput, but maybe let Peca have another go? I wouldn't send Chaput down at this point.

DLR is likely more of a winger that can play that 4th line center role. I would certainly take him over Chaput, since he's 23 and has put up 19 pts in 91 games since he stopped getting jerked around in and out of the lineup. Now he's likely never going to bring much in the way of offense, but to me if he can chip in 10, 12, 15 pts a year on the 4th line, he brings size, speed, skating, solid defensive play, PK, can play any forward position. Just that you don't have him out there expecting a 30 pt player.

In 26 games Chaput has yet to score a goal, just 4 pts overall. DLR has as many points in 36 games on a worse team then Chaput/DLO have in a combined 60 games while being 3 years younger and in his first full season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
McCarron's been injured for going on 3 weeks, really hope they don't call him up just yet, he was really starting to heat up before the injury and was on a nice roll. Really want to see the Habs stop doing this when they call up a struggling prospect just as he's starting to put things together. Really want to see them start giving these kids more time to build off and see what happens. That said there's not much down in Laval that can help the Habs.

I wasn't aware of McCarron's injury status, so yes it absolutely makes sense to let him be.

What I'm wondering is why Chaput is still with the club. I understand that he impressed somewhat in the pre-season and then apparently did enough to earn a call-up, but I don't see any consistency or improvement in his play. Yes, he's a 4th liner however, he should at least be in damage-control if he's not going to produce offensively. Instead of that, we've seen several untimely brain cramps and foul-ups in the Habs's zone. Why are the Habs so patient with him?

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wasn't aware of McCarron's injury status, so yes it absolutely makes sense to let him be.

What I'm wondering is why Chaput is still with the club. I understand that he impressed somewhat in the pre-season and then apparently did enough to earn a call-up, but I don't see any consistency or improvement in his play. Yes, he's a 4th liner however, he should at least be in damage-control if he's not going to produce offensively. Instead of that, we've seen several untimely brain cramps and foul-ups in the Habs's zone. Why are the Habs so patient with him?
Also did not realize Big Mac was recently injured. They have been waaaayyyyyyy to patient with Chaput. Put Peca back in there, he can create some speed and some chances...

Reactions: Runner77

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
DLR is likely more of a winger that can play that 4th line center role. I would certainly take him over Chaput, since he's 23 and has put up 19 pts in 91 games since he stopped getting jerked around in and out of the lineup. Now he's likely never going to bring much in the way of offense, but to me if he can chip in 10, 12, 15 pts a year on the 4th line, he brings size, speed, skating, solid defensive play, PK, can play any forward position. Just that you don't have him out there expecting a 30 pt player.

In 26 games Chaput has yet to score a goal, just 4 pts overall. DLR has as many points in 36 games on a worse team then Chaput/DLO have in a combined 60 games while being 3 years younger and in his first full season.

I prefer Chaput to DLR. His advanced stats were pretty good last I checked. Plus he's an actual center.

But regardless of preference, it's not a big concern either way.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I prefer Chaput to DLR. His advanced stats were pretty good last I checked. Plus he's an actual center.

But regardless of preference, it's not a big concern either way.

It is imo. As long as this team will favor scrubs from other teams instead of his own players this team will go nowhere,. You can quote me in 10 years i'll be proven right yet again. been saying this for over 20 years now been right all the time and will continue to be right.

We laughed about Patch and DD chemistry but chemistry is important and you can't have chemistry if you change your players as often as you change your underwears.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

DLR is absolutely capable of playing centre in a bottom six role. Plekanec and Peca just made him a non factor and now that Pleks has quit and Peca has proven to be nothing but a useless speedster we could really use DLR. Then again, we're talking about 4th liners here so it's not a major problem or anything.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It is imo. As long as this team will favor scrubs from other teams instead of his own players this team will go nowhere,. You can quote me in 10 years i'll be proven right yet again. been saying this for over 20 years now been right all the time and will continue to be right.

We laughed about Patch and DD chemistry but chemistry is important and you can't have chemistry if you change your players as often as you change your underwears.
There's not a single team in the league that doesn't do that. And with good reason. There are lots of ways of acquiring players. You are fetishizing the draft. Why refuse to play better players simply because you didn't draft them? Makes no sense, which is why no NHL team does it. Every year you are proven wrong by the team that wins the Cup.

And that is absolutely not why the Habs have been pretty bad for the last 20-30 years.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
DLR is absolutely capable of playing centre in a bottom six role. Plekanec and Peca just made him a non factor and now that Pleks has quit and Peca has proven to be nothing but a useless speedster we could really use DLR. Then again, we're talking about 4th liners here so it's not a major problem or anything.

Agreed not a biggy. But I do think DLR's poor face off play means he will end up being a 4th-line winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->