Recalled/Assigned: Michael Chaput recalled

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Has good numbers in AHL if anyones been noticing i wonder what he can do with the Benning squad

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Isn't he a centre? Would have made more sense to bring up Grenier wouldn't it? I guess Chaput earned it more but I don't see him actually helping us by playing wing in our bottom-6. Unless he's here purely for press box reasons, but that shouldn't matter until we end our road trip given how close we are to Utica.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
From Emerson Etem on, it makes very little sense to me that the Canucks did not claim at least one of the several forwards placed on waivers the last few weeks (as several pointed out at the time). It's good for those supporting the tank, I suppose, but for an organization that says it wants to compete -- I simply don't get it.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
PiRQ8c0.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to man up and admit when you're wrong.....hard to think of a single Canuck who's improved as much as Chaput in his first full season in the NHL.....Sedins have said he kind of reminds them of a young Alex Burrows, and I can see the comparison.

Definitely playing with more pace and his motor never stops.....seems to be another late bloomer from the Q, after both the Flyers and the Jackets basically gave up on him.

Can definitely see a future for him in VanCity as a fourth-line centre, but a guy who can also shift to the wing if needed....still only 24 and could continue to get better....looking like a nice add, when at the start of the season he was being written off as basically a depth piece for Utica.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->