Michael Blunden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Steadfast said:
All I know about him as that he is 6'4" 210 and is a RW for Erie.

His current stats are: 61 22 19 41 -9 75

Can anyone give me some info on him? Thanks.

He is one of my favourite prospects. I've only been able to see him once this year and once last as well as on TV for a few games however I really like this guy. When I saw him play live, he was a force in front of the net and displayed good hands. I believe he was injured for part of this season and apparently also picked up a suspension recently. He probably won't be a first rounder although early 2nd round is very reasonable.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Steadfast said:
Thanks Andrew.

Can I assume from his size that he is a pretty physical player, but perhaps not the quickest skater?

His physical game is very inconsistent. I think that stems from his injury troubles of the past (he had back surgery I believe).

He's not the quickest skater, but he's not the slowest. His skating is nor a weakness or a strength, which I guess is a good thing when you are looking at a player like Blunden.

I think his lack of taking the next step this year with the Otters could have him fall in the draft from previous perceived spotting. He's a solid player with good physical attributes, good hands. He just needs to be more consistent. A pretty safe pick. If there is a draft, I'd see him being taken anywhere from 40-70.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
In limited viewing I didn't like Blunden's skating at all. Very strong on his skates - not one of those tall tippy guys - and is OK once he's going, but no quickness or agility whatsoever. Feet looked very slow to me and I wonder if he'll be able to keep up in pro.

Brock - on the subject of Erie guys, I'd like your opinion (or anyone else's) on Andrew Hotham. I've only seen a bit of him, liked his mobility/decent size/skill but don't know much about him. 86-BD who was passed over last year.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Steadfast said:
All I know about him as that he is 6'4" 210 and is a RW for Erie.

His current stats are: 61 22 19 41 -9 75

Can anyone give me some info on him? Thanks.

Blunden was at one time an ISS Top 10 guy. he plays a gritty game, but 41 points is a disappointment for him. I believe he plays on a line with Top 10 prospect Ryan O'Marra.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
MS said:
In limited viewing I didn't like Blunden's skating at all. Very strong on his skates - not one of those tall tippy guys - and is OK once he's going, but no quickness or agility whatsoever. Feet looked very slow to me and I wonder if he'll be able to keep up in pro.

Brock - on the subject of Erie guys, I'd like your opinion (or anyone else's) on Andrew Hotham. I've only seen a bit of him, liked his mobility/decent size/skill but don't know much about him. 86-BD who was passed over last year.

Hotham was the main guy going the other way in the Hisey trade. He's definitely a good OHL defenseman. Solid both ways. Not sure I see him getting drafted, but if he continues to progess and improve, physically and mentally, he could turn into a good free agent pick up. Could end up like a Chris Campoli type of player/pick up. Campoli is certainly doing very well for himself in the AHL this year.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
His recent suspension was for stealing an opponent's stick and throwing it into the crowd. He wasn't intending for it to clear the glass but the league has been cracking down hard on player-fan interaction like that lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad