Trade: Michael Bennett to the Patriots

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A very Pats move. Still a good player too.

Yeah, typical Pats. A fine replacement for Flowers at a much cheaper price. They'll likely get a 3rd round comp pick back for Flowers as well and this won't affect the formula at all since it's a trade.

Reactions: Tuggy

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
200w.webp

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Great move, puts pressure on Folwers (who wants to stay in NE) to take a team friendly deal since they have a replacement for him if needed

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't see Belichick paying Flowers that with the depth at this position in this draft. Unless he is willing to come back for like 10m, maybe 12m, he's gone. And as much as it's going to suck, I really don't care because at this point because questioning anything Belichick does in regards to the trade or free agent market would just be totally ignorant.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
As long as he can still play, fine.

Don't like him off the field though.

That’s what preseason is for, to see if he can still play.

As a fan since Jim Plunkett, Bennett can come back anytime. With Allen gone we need a TE. Grab another TE and Bennett and Gronk can swap with each other keeping them both well rested through the season,

One of the funnier football moments I can recall.

wrwz13qztoyawgfpouf7

Last edited:

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I don't see Belichick paying Flowers that with the depth at this position in this draft. Unless he is willing to come back for like 10m, maybe 12m, he's gone. And as much as it's going to suck, I really don't care because at this point because questioning anything Belichick does in regards to the trade or free agent market would just be totally ignorant.
Flowers is gone, they will not give him the money he is going to be offered. I am actually more concerned with the O line then the D Line. With Waddle and Brown up for grabs, it concerns me. IMO the entire O Line was the MVP last season. Hopefully Wynn can make an injury comeback and at least fill Waddle’s shoes.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I find when guys end up on the Pats they are all of a sudden fine with their salary.
True. Think that’s more for guys who have not won yet which Bennett has back in seattle. Nearing the end so last chance to get paid as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles wanted him back but only with a paycut. That wasn't going to happen, especially with Graham returning.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
True. Think that’s more for guys who have not won yet which Bennett has back in seattle. Nearing the end so last chance to get paid as well.
I think this might have more to do with his brother. Just spitballing but I think there has been a desire to play with each other and NE is about the only team that could make it happen. Martellus left on good terms unlike how he left Chicago and Green Bay. If any team will give Martellus a chance, it’s NE and they are in need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad