Movies: Michael B. Jordan to Star in New Tom Clancy Film Franchise(John Clark)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Michael B. Jordan to Star in New Tom Clancy Film Franchise
Michael B. Jordan to Play Tom Clancy Character John Clark in New Film Series (EXCLUSIVE)

We were talking about this in the new Jack Ryan series thread and I thought it deserved a thread of its own

Interesting casting choice very good actor and if they higher the right writers and directors

on a deeply sarcastic note--will there be any out cry over him NOT being a white actor as in the books he is(of course there wont)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Great choice. No doubts he could pull it off.

It's probably been 20 years since I read Without Remorse and I don't know how I'd feel about it today, but I remember thinking it was excellent and one of Clancy's best back when I first read it. Some heavy, gnarly stuff in it if I am remembering right. More gritty and grounded than most of the Jack Ryan books.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Off topic, but for any Tom Clancy fans...do you think a Splinter Cell movie would work? Video game movies usually suck but maybe this one wouldn't

Sep 19, 2008
Interesting casting choice. Happy for MBJ to keep getting work but I keep thinking of the old John Clark from the old Rainbow Six games.

latest

DikP1MrWsAANRsh.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
Michael B. Jordan to Star in New Tom Clancy Film Franchise
Michael B. Jordan to Play Tom Clancy Character John Clark in New Film Series (EXCLUSIVE)

We were talking about this in the new Jack Ryan series thread and I thought it deserved a thread of its own

Interesting casting choice very good actor and if they higher the right writers and directors

on a deeply sarcastic note--will there be any out cry over him NOT being a white actor as in the books he is(of course there wont)

It happens, Kingpin was white and was portrayed by a black man

No problem here

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't like this. This reeks of securing one of the hottest young stars in Hollywood for that fact alone, not because he's right for the role. They don't even have a writer yet, so the character will be changed to fit the actor, rather than the script being written in the most interesting and true to the novel manner and then the right actor found. I like Jordan, but the reasons why I like him are why I can't see him as a former Navy SEAL turned merciless killer. I suspect that they're going to re-write John Clark into, basically, a black Jack Ryan, a likable semi nerd who always tries to do the right thing. I'd like to see that sort of thing, but I don't like using this character and this franchise to do it, because it just feels like using Clancy's name, characters and novels for marketing sake more than anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad