Trade: [MIA/TOR] Kyle Lowry (signs 3 years, $85M) for Goran Dragic and Precious Achiuwa

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Wonder the return ?

Hoping for tyler herro

i know theres alot of tension with him in the Heat Organization

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good move for Miami. He's the exact type of PG they needed on both offense and defense. The third year will probably be rough but they had to do it.

Wonder the return ?

Hoping for tyler herro

i know theres alot of tension with him in the Heat Organization

Expected to be Dragic, Precious, and a future 2nd round pick. Dragic will then likely be traded to a team like the Mavs or possibly bought out.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Not sure why Raps let him walk

I get why Toronto let him walk - he's 35 years old, he's going to be making $30 million a year for the next three years, Toronto is rebuilding and they have a point guard in Malachi Flynn that they have to see if he can play or not. Simply put, Lowry was a luxury that Toronto couldn't afford. Toronto also has other holes in the lineup that need to be filled and it's probably good that they're going to have lots of cap space once Dragic is moved elsewhere. Cap space will play a critical role going forward. I get what the Raptors are doing. They're building the team similar to the Detroit Pistons of the Ben Wallace/Rasheed Wallace/Rip Hamilton era. It's actually smart when you consider that players seem to not want to come to Toronto. The good news though is that Toronto did Lowry a solid and Lowry has stated that when he goes into the HOF, he'll do so as a Raptor.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
The only issue I have with Toronto right now is that they signed Gary Trent Jr for the same money that Norm Powell got and they still haven't addressed the center spot. It seems like Toronto is going to cheap out this year in free agency in order to fulfill 'player versatility', which could end up being a HUGE mistake. The center position is one spot one shouldn't mess around with and there seems to be no plan from Toronto on addressing this huge gap

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
The only issue I have with Toronto right now is that they signed Gary Trent Jr for the same money that Norm Powell got and they still haven't addressed the center spot. It seems like Toronto is going to cheap out this year in free agency in order to fulfill 'player versatility', which could end up being a HUGE mistake. The center position is one spot one shouldn't mess around with and there seems to be no plan from Toronto on addressing this huge gap
I’m with you, but I’ll wait and see what’s next before starting to worry. Dallas is rumoured to be interested in Dragic so that could yield them Dwight Powell.. not that he’s a saviour, but I think him and Khem Birch could at least toe the line much better than Baynes.

After Allen, Noel and Holmes is got thin pretty quick. As many have said, I’d prefer no deal than a bad deal to overpay mediocre players.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I wish him all the luck in the world. He committed to Toronto and seemed genuinely proud to represent our city. He grew here as a player and a leader, and I have nothing but the greatest respect for him.

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->