Trade: [MIA/PHI] Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell to Miami (teams swap 13th for 8th overall)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Grimes and his POS wife is going to get cut so I'm fine with taking a chance on Maxwell. His contract is not too pretty though. With Alonso, you have to hope that he can repeat what he did his first year, which is far from a sure thing. Dolphins needed to remake their LB corps anyway. Seems like an OK gamble to make. It really depends on what Miami is giving back. Good news is it seems that the 1st round swap is ********.

Haha, apparently theyre going to be signing Adam 'being rebellion' Jones too

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rumors out that the Eagles get a 4th round pick, and switch 1st round picks. But beware, the first round switch was being reported last year before it didn't happen.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Sounds like deal is off based on a maxwell shoulder injury

Read that, but also read that he didn't exactly "fail" his physical...so if some of this stuff is true, it has the appearance that Miami GM is getting cold feet. Which is fine to back out of, but kind of a dick move when the deal has been agreed to and the players have been told, etc.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Les Bowen - ‏@LesBowen

Source: Maxwell went to Miami for physical, told Dolphins’ doc he couldn’t do bench press or pushups. Told Eagles he was fine at end of year

"fine"

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wonder who the eagles have their eye on to move up 5 spots. They badly need to improve the O line, perhaps Ronnie Stanley OT from Notre Dame? Unless they think a QB will drop?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought the rumour of swapping 1st round picks was BS because it seemed too good to be true. Just moving the Maxwell contract would have been a win for the Eagles since he wasn't a fit there.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Now I hate the trade. Taking Maxwell bad contract AND swapping 1st rounders? Yeah good job Tannenbaum. For a low pick, like a 5th, it seemed like an ok gamble. For this? F that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->