MHL General Discussion - Part III

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Where should they play instead?
Also, for younger kids, playing with full-time KHL players is an important development boost too.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I like it. Right now every team is getting a boast from 3-5 KHL guys and the hockey is great for a junior level. It allows a guy like Kuzmenko who sees 10 min/game in the KHL to get build huge confidence to close out the season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, Kuzmenko would probably get better development by shooting 100 pucks per day near his garage at this point of the season than playing in the MHL playoffs. Those kind of games are equivalent of either bag skating or beer league, depending on coach's attitude. It's only good for morale, winning something, having a good playoff run is always nice but at this point of your career you have to start asking is it worth it over resting. Probably not.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Yeah, Kuzmenko would probably get better development by shooting 100 pucks per day near his garage at this point of the season than playing in the MHL playoffs. Those kind of games are equivalent of either bag skating or beer league, depending on coach's attitude. It's only good for morale, winning something, having a good playoff run is always nice but at this point of your career you have to start asking is it worth it over resting. Probably not.

Yes we are probably from different countries, but were not even on the same planet

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Looks like Red Army is cruising. I am happy, they got a very high likelihood of winning the title, but still not happy with KHL player shenanigans in the MHL.
Since it's not going to change, I will have to learn to live with this.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Only 5 CHL players drafted, 10 skating in Russia drafted, twice as many even though many top players left to play in CHL. Really didnt work out for Minulin, Rubinchik and Alexeyev. Not to mention overage guys like Kosorenkov, Babenko. You almost had a better chance of skating for MVD MHL team and getting drafted (4 guys) than CHL (5 guys).

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Only 5 CHL players drafted, 10 skating in Russia drafted, twice as many even though many top players left to play in CHL. Really didnt work out for Minulin, Rubinchik and Alexeyev. Not to mention overage guys like Kosorenkov, Babenko. You almost had a better chance of skating for MVD MHL team and getting drafted (4 guys) than CHL (5 guys).
well, going to na shows their iq is sorely lacking. no wonder this translates on how they look on ice. you need to be exceptionally good to cross the pond, alas, everyone seems to think it's me who's special. this stupidity has no excuse

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY

Alexeyev wasn't eligible this year, he is next year.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Alexeyev wasn't eligible this year, he is next year.

I meant Y. Alexeyev. Major regression this year, looked like a completely different player at the U18s from a year ago. Could have stayed and played along side Kostin.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Can anyone give me the skinny on Denis Miller? Unranked and eligible for 2018 draft. Posted interesting offensive numbers in the MHL last year for Atlanty Mytishchi. Listed as going to Spartak in 2017-18.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Does anyone know anything about Artyom Manukyan? The numbers he has been putting up are amazing in MHL. Two points in 24 games with Avangard is not flashy but he has +2 and the precious ice time he got is very important. However, since I've never watched him live, I don't want to jump to conclusions. It looks like he is just too good for MHL level at this stage but not good enough for KHL. Not sure whether he was eligible or not but I didn't see anything about him in NHL drafts either.

Is MHL just too weak or is there something else with this guy? The dude has 47 goals and 70 assists in 72 games in MHL in last two seasons. Under normal circumstances, isn't he supposed to generate a lot more interest? Other than he might be considered as too small (170cm / 63kg according to EP) what can be possibly wrong with him?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Well, he did the WJC team. He is small, and in the MHL putting up such numbers well is not easy, but also not too hard. He didn't show much at both WJC and KHL levels, so probably it's really just a matter of "we desperately need to improve the MHL level"

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Tallin to join the MHL next year. Jokerit Helsinki is its partner club, who will send their prospects to play the MHL for a Tallin side. We can say Jokerit will have their MHL side, more or less.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Tallin to join the MHL next year. Jokerit Helsinki is its partner club, who will send their prospects to play the MHL for a Tallin side. We can say Jokerit will have their MHL side, more or less.

If there is to be a MHL junior team in Tallinn, it is possible that Jokerit would co operate with it. Nevertheless it would have no effect on Jokerit junior operations or a-junior team. Source Jokerit twitter account.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If there is to be a MHL junior team in Tallinn, it is possible that Jokerit would co operate with it. Nevertheless it would have no effect on Jokerit junior operations or a-junior team. Source Jokerit twitter account.
Yes, we need to know how it works. Jokerit as the KHL club can sign a partnership agreement with a MHL club, according to the agreement, Jokerit can send a limited number of players on two/three-way contracts to a MHL team.

My speculation is as follows. We know the Crowns moved from Sweden to Estonia. What if the Crowns are behind this MHL project in Tallin? Just guessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->