MGMT Thread. The long, dark offseason of our discontent begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Sure let's figure out a way to work this out logistically. If either of you beat me in an IQ test I'll be surprised because statistically it isn't likely. But all it will mean is your brain has a bit more processing power than mine. That doesn't mean you'll be correct about your hockey opinions. Same applies to me if I win. For example, some of the smartest people in the history of the world with 200+ IQs believed in some really crazy and false ideas for irrational/emotional reasons. I'm not the one who brought up intelligence.
JFC this is a hockey forum. Go spout bullshit somewhere else.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
If either of you beat me in an IQ test I'll be surprised because statistically it isn't likely.

You see, what I find difficult to understand is that you support a GM who sees the results of decisions as absolutes... and despise a GM who sees the results of decisions as probabilities (Gillis). The one who uses data and math to keep trying to put probabilities in his favour, you loathe. The one who acts like a "know more than anyone or math" shamen, you love.

Are you religious, by chance? I ask because how can someone who otherwise sees the reality of math and science be so willing to accept the sermons of a priest as true?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The poster was replying to a post that claimed that JB would have botched a 'ready made powerhouse core'..He's not absolving JB for his 5 years of work..Merely pointing out what each GM inherited.

One,..met expectations, then completely lost the plot.. "Ehrhoff, Samuelsson, Malhotra and Torres were gone or non factors for that second President trophy."

"Same year the discarded Mitchell was a 1st pairing D for the cup winning Kings".

Furthermore,..as to Gillis improving his scouting staff, every player the Canucks drafted after Horvat in 2013 ..busted..Imagine, after 6 years of drafting, if Gillis didnt draft Horvat.?.He would have been practically skunked.

And yet again the laughable Gillis' draft sucks argument. Because Dim Jim is such a draft god himself isn't he? f***ing missed Tkachuk and Nylander/Ehlers and Pastrnak, yeah, what a f***ing genius he is.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
That’s what happens when you just try to hold the lead. Jets are a joke.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I can’t wait for the FA When we go out and sign guys like simmonds.

I am praying just absolutely praying that we do not go out and do something stupid

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
And yet again the laughable Gillis' draft sucks argument. Because Dim Jim is such a draft god himself isn't he? ****ing missed Tkachuk and Nylander/Ehlers and Pastrnak, yeah, what a ****ing genius he is.
And he came in here and said that he could turn this around in a hurry. 5 years later, worst team in the NHL over 4 years? "Beloved" Linden run out of town - check. Better keep endlessly defending the guy until he completely runs the team into the ground.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
And he came in here and said that he could turn this around in a hurry. 5 years later, worst team in the NHL over 4 years? "Beloved" Linden run out of town - check. Better keep endlessly defending the guy until he completely runs the team into the ground.

There's an excuse for literally EVERYTHING Benning f***s up.

When the team sucks, Benning bros say it's part of the process.

When the team has a good stretch, Benning bros say we're a playoff team.

When something good happens, it's all Benning.

When something bad happens, it's all but Benning.

This is North Korean level shit here.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Sure let's figure out a way to work this out logistically. If either of you beat me in an IQ test I'll be surprised because statistically it isn't likely. But all it will mean is your brain has a bit more processing power than mine. That doesn't mean you'll be correct about your hockey opinions. Same applies to me if I win. For example, some of the smartest people in the history of the world with 200+ IQs believed in some really crazy and false ideas for irrational/emotional reasons. I'm not the one who brought up intelligence.
You don't understand IQ BTW.
Im trained in supervise and administer IQ test (WAIS and WISC). Unfortunately Im in Sweden otherwise you could have come to me for the test

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Im trained in supervise and administer IQ test (WAIS and WISC). Unfortunately Im in Sweden otherwise you could have come to me for the test
I'm thinking a MOCA might be adequate.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

I don't know what the f*** we are talking about or why, but isn't IQ considered antiquated?

Reactions: timw33

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
You can also look at the job Nonis was going to do, it was pretty well established the main moves he was planning:

1. Sign Fabian Brunnstrom (Canuck fans were pissed when Nonis was fired and this deal fell through)
2. Resign Naslund and Morrison
3. draft Kyle Beach
4. ?

Also funny how you never saw Burke get any credit taken away from him when he got to "inherit" a team with Bure, Mogilny, Naslund, Bertuzzi, Ohlund, McCabe, and Aucoin already in place.

Exactly. Burke nonetheless still had to turn that team from a miserable bunch of suck into a playoff contender even though he had "inherited" that group of players. Improvement doesn't just automatically happen despite some people here thinking it's a given.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Came into the thread expecting a discussion of what could/should/may happen with the Canucks this offseason.

Noticed thread was discussing the validity and reliability of IQ tests.

Man I love HF Canucks.

Reactions: Askel

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
The fact Benning knows his job is on the line and if he doesn't make the playoffs he's done should scare every fan. I have no doubt he'll pull the trigger on either a big move and/or a few FA signings we will instantly regret. In his entire time here he's made what 1 or 2 decent signings through College or FA?

Reactions: Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad