Mets RHP Jenrry Mejia suspended by MLB for 3rd substance violation (UPD: signs with Red Sox)

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
5 is a lot.

Why do you get so bent out of shape about something so small? Like its a ****ing opinion who cares. He's not Hoffman, Rivera or in today's case Chapman or Kimbrel.

Hoffman blew more big games than anyone in history. Should never be mentioned in the same breath as Mariano.

Although, Familia gave him a run for his money in the World Series, I suppose.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Hoffman blew more big games than anyone in history. Should never be mentioned in the same breath as Mariano.

Although, Familia gave him a run for his money in the World Series, I suppose.

Rivera's reputation is beyond reproach, however Rivera is the only pitcher in the history of baseball that I can think of who blew game 7 of the world series and outright lost the game. Mesa also blew game 7 but he was at least able to get the game to the 10th. So while Hoffman may have blown some biggest games, Rivera has the biggest blown game in the history of the sport.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
"Permanently suspended" doesn't make any sense. "Suspended" by definition means temporary. He was banned. Or expelled. He's "suspended" in the same way Pete Rose is "suspended".

Not trying to give you grief OP, this is how it's been reported everywhere. It just doesn't make any sense.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
if you put the blame on familia for what happened in the world series you're thicker than i thought.

I'm not trying to put any game on any one person, but he certainly didn't go out there and close the door.

He did give up the home run in G1, so if any game was on him I would say that one. 2 outs away and he gives up a dead shot to CF.

Game's 4 and 5 were more of the Royals just being ****ing ******** who just wouldn't accept defeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad