TSN: Methot: 'I'm probably done playing hockey'

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Boooo.... One of my favorite players. The rock that Karlsson could count on. The fearsome disher of hip checks. Maybe he can stick around (I guess he still lives here?) and help our young D is some coaching capacity.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
Shame that he’s finished but I’m so happy I don’t have to read about sens fans wanting to sign this guy anymore.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
As a two time "winner" in the torn ACL lottery, I read about Methot's knee issues and knew that he would have a tough time coming back. He only played a handful of games since 2017, so even if he did come back he would be incredibly rusty and very much on the wrong side of 30. He made the right decision to hang up the skates. I enjoyed hearing him on TSN1200 last summer - hopefully he has a future in sports media...

Reactions: Variable26

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
He was the perfect partner for Karlsson! What a stud Methot was! Karlsson never been the same after methot left.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
He was the perfect partner for Karlsson! What a stud Methot was! Karlsson never been the same after methot left.
Methot was vanilla. He was serviceable and played his best hockey beside EK65. To say he was the perfect partner for Karlsson or a “stud” is a massive stretch. Hedman would be a perfect partner for Karlsson for example. Methot anywhere away from Karlsson during his career in the NHL was lacklustre

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I think he’ll be a great part of this organization once the team is inevitably sold. He seems like a straight shooter to me so I doubt he’d be interested in working for Melnyk.

Reactions: InTkachukWeTrust

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Damn knee, he still had plenty left in the tank imo but ya can't beat injuries piling up, appreciated him as a player big time!

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Methot was vanilla. He was serviceable and played his best hockey beside EK65. To say he was the perfect partner for Karlsson or a “stud” is a massive stretch. Hedman would be a perfect partner for Karlsson for example. Methot anywhere away from Karlsson during his career in the NHL was lacklustre
Ok bud

Reactions: Beville

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No doubt. However he says that he will take some time to figure out what he wants to do and get away from the game a little bit.

Understandable - it's a tough pill to swallow when an athlete has to walk away from the game, and it will take him some time to figure out what comes next...

Reactions: Variable26

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Understandable - it's a tough pill to swallow when an athlete has to walk away from the game, and it will take him some time to figure out what comes next...
From working at something many hours almost every single day of your life to... I'm filthy rich and don't have a lick of responsibility for the rest of my life if I don't want it.

Strange feeling for sure.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa

Lol. He was a stud and our 2nd best defensemen all the the time he was with us. Doesn’t need to be skill to be Erik Karlsson perfect partner.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
Lol. He was a stud and our 2nd best defensemen all the the time he was with us. Doesn’t need to be skill to be Erik Karlsson perfect partner.
He was a glass and out player. We wasted our best EK years on a guy who had rancid puck skills. Yes he decent in our own end but f*** me guys, a stud?

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
It’s cool that you guys liked him. Was a warrior and never took a night off. I’m guilty of liking players that weren’t fantastic players too

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Chemistry is underrated. Sure Hedman on a team with EK sounds magical. Could just as easily end up needing to be on their own pair because they don't work together.

Methot EK was tried and proven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad