Method to Sochi?

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I had brought this up a couple of times...looks like I might not have had too much to drink after all...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/06/four-nhl-general-managers-in-desperation-mode

in the OFF THE GLASS section...

A guy who has put himself on the radar screen for a trip to Team Canada's Olympic evaluation camp this summer: Senators defenceman Marc Methot. He's being considered for an invite and has suited up for Canada at the world championships in 2011.

Methot's skating is strong enough for him to get an invite.

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
I doubt, OG will be in the European ice and so Canada will take more speed and moving defensmen and Marc had some problems there.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He's not even the best Canadian Dman on his own team - it would be nice but not going to happen.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
I suppose it's possible, but there are a lot of guys ahead of him. I only see two or three spots being available (Pronger, Neidermayer and maybe Boyle) from the 2010 squad.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i can see him getting a summer camp invite. Why not. He's shown he can play for hockey canada and has shown this year he can play against first line players (and with first line players before karlsson was injured).

i really dont think there's any hope for him to actually make the team though.

then again, rob zamuner and shayne corson went to nagano.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
I doubt, OG will be in the European ice and so Canada will take more speed and moving defensmen and Marc had some problems there.

Methot's the second best skater on our D, and the only guy ahead of him is the best skater in the NHL

However, only way I see him making the team in Sochi is if they're absolutely dead set on bringing 3 LHD, and two of Keith/Campbell/Staal/(maybe)Phaneuf aren't injured.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
yea, but wasnt he just coming off an injury that resulted in a wired shut jaw? he was wearing a cage, and was also 2 years younger. take this years methot and put him in that WC he woulda been amazing. also i cant confirm this, but werent people saying methot was canadas best defenseman in that series?

mt-svk

CBJ/OTT fan
Jun 6, 2007
Methot's the second best skater on our D, and the only guy ahead of him is the best skater in the NHL

However, only way I see him making the team in Sochi is if they're absolutely dead set on bringing 3 LHD, and two of Keith/Campbell/Staal/(maybe)Phaneuf aren't injured.

He didnt show his speed on the large ice the last two WC. But I like Marc and hope that he will be play in Sochi. I think that Canada needs the defensive players too.

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
169_1Danny23BsAir.jpg

Method!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->