Music: Metallica S&M2 out Aug 28th

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Kinda sad to hear James unable to hit those higher notes. All he can do is growl through the song. Time is a bitch, man. Is there a song list? I know they did Nothing Else Matters in the first one.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
CD

DISC 1

1. The Ecstasy of Gold (Live)
  2. The Call of Ktulu (Live)
  3. For Whom the Bell Tolls (Live)
  4. The Day That Never Comes (Live)
  5. The Memory Remains (Live)
  6. Confusion (Live)
  7. Moth Into Flame (Live)
  8. The Outlaw Torn (Live)
  9. No Leaf Clover (Live)
  10. Halo on Fire (Live)
DISC 2

1. Intro to Scythian Suite (Live)
  2. Scythian Suite, Opus 20 II: The Enemy God And The Dance Of The Dark Spirits (Live)
  3. Intro to The Iron Foundry (Live)
  4. The Iron Foundry, Opus 19 (Live)
  5. The Unforgiven III (Live)
  6. All Within My Hands (Live)
  7. (Anesthesia) - Pulling Teeth (Live)
  8. Wherever I May Roam (Live)
  9. One (Live)
  10. Master of Puppets (Live)
  11. Nothing Else Matters (Live)
  12. Enter Sandman (Live)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I surprisingly liked All Within My Hands. I say surprisingly because I hated that entire album. Very excited to hear Halo On Fire.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Kinda sad to hear James unable to hit those higher notes. All he can do is growl through the song. Time is a bitch, man. Is there a song list? I know they did Nothing Else Matters in the first one.
He did the high parts in NEM which is something he rarely does iirc. I thought it sounded good myself.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Looking forward to hearing Anesthesia.
He did the high parts in NEM which is something he rarely does iirc. I thought it sounded good myself.
Looking at the song list it does look like Nothing Else Matters is near the end of the concert, so it makes a bit more sense.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would love to know why they didn't do Fade to Black with the Symphony. They didn't on the original and it's not here either. I would think that song would be ripe with the symphony, and it's slow enough where James can still probably do it and have it sound really good.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I would love to know why they didn't do Fade to Black with the Symphony. They didn't on the original and it's not here either. I would think that song would be ripe with the symphony, and it's slow enough where James can still probably do it and have it sound really good.

I agree, I have always loved live when the play For Whom the Bell Tolls then Fade to Black, they just fit together in succession. Looking at the list, I think they tried to incorporate more songs from the last two albums.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
They should team up with an orchestra and do nothing but Kill Em All songs. It's be a disaster but it'd be fun.

Reactions: Metroid

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Just gave it a complete listen. Love they way they did The Unforgiven 3 with just the orchestra and James on vocals. Other notables is The Day That Never Comes and Halo On Fire (prob my fav). Anesthesia was really cool as well.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
oh shit i had no clue this was even scheduled to come out...

S&M is one of my favorite albums of all time

edit : Battery was an amazing track in the 1st one, the symphony really gave it a different vibe. Sad its not there, but i understand that they can't play these songs anymore

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I listened to a good portion of it and I deleted all the songs from the first one that were on this one. I really wish they had more songs on here that were not on the first. I do like some of the Orchestra only tracks though.

I've actually been listening to their Live Shit and Binge (Mexico City) Album. Man that 18 minute Seek and Destroy was something else.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
That album is amazing, i have the collector's case with the CDs and the VHS tapes

Creeping Death and the And Justice Medley is also amazing on that album

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad