Met the Habs today!

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
Not sure if this warrants a new thread, but thought I'd share. A buddy texted me this morning and said that he called the saddledome, and was told we could get in to see the Habs practice. It was pretty cool, we went and saw the entire practice, Marc Bergevin wasn't sitting too far behind, and we ended up getting autographs as they came off the ice and then again before they boarded their bus.

A few notables :

- I asked patches if he was playing tonight,....he looked at me funny and said, nope, not playing tonight. Then I realized the game's tomorrow LOL, asked if it was a game time decision and he said yea.

- My buddy asked Chucky for a picture, he responded 'sure, it'll be 5 bucks' and laughed it off. stayed for a few pictures.

- My friends little brother knocked on the glass and asked gallagher for a puck, he flipped one over for him which was cool.

- Price didn't get on the team bus, and started walking the same direction my wife and I were walking (towards our car), so we chatted a bit. He said it was cool coming out west since he's got family in Alberta as well. I joked we could give him a ride to wherever he was going, he laughed and said he was headed to the Bass Pro Shop on the north end of Calgary. He also said he'd start tomorrow after I asked him..

- Got my jersey signed by most of the team, eller twice I think lol. Pictures with a few of them as well.

- Chatted with the 24CH camera crew, they asked us to say our names and that we acknowledged that we were filmed, although I dont think any of it will be used lol...

All in all, good day. Now I have to cram for a mid term tomorrow LOL

thegreatgasby*

Not sure if this warrants a new thread, but thought I'd share. A buddy texted me this morning and said that he called the saddledome, and was told we could get in to see the Habs practice. It was pretty cool, we went and saw the entire practice, Marc Bergevin wasn't sitting too far behind, and we ended up getting autographs as they came off the ice and then again before they boarded their bus.

A few notables :

- I asked patches if he was playing tonight,....he looked at me funny and said, nope, not playing tonight. Then I realized the game's tomorrow LOL, asked if it was a game time decision and he said yea.

- My buddy asked Chucky for a picture, he responded 'sure, it'll be 5 bucks' and laughed it off. stayed for a few pictures.

- My friends little brother knocked on the glass and asked gallagher for a puck, he flipped one over for him which was cool.

- Price didn't get on the team bus, and started walking the same direction my wife and I were walking (towards our car), so we chatted a bit. He said it was cool coming out west since he's got family in Alberta as well. I joked we could give him a ride to wherever he was going, he laughed and said he was headed to the Bass Pro Shop on the north end of Calgary. He also said he'd start tomorrow after I asked him..

- Got my jersey signed by most of the team, eller twice I think lol. Pictures with a few of them as well.

- Chatted with the 24CH camera crew, they asked us to say our names and that we acknowledged that we were filmed, although I dont think any of it will be used lol...

\

look like you had a lot of fun! go habs go :yo:

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
Yea man it was a blast! Going to the game tomorrow, going to be more hab fans than flames fans there as usual!

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Taking my boy to see his first game tomorrow. We are in 214 but I noticed there are quite a few released behind the Flames end. Quite expensive and a little late to sell mine to buy those.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

A few notables :

Great story! Sounds like the guys were much more relaxed in the relative peace of Calgary than in the buzzing hive of Montreal. Nice experience to have under your belt!

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
Thanks!

Here are a few!

Bah, attachments not working, will try again tomorrow!

Last edited:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I hope you had a blast today, always cool to hear stories like that. Also good luck on your exam.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
A few...

Attachments

• 20131008_130313.jpg
    20131008_130313.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20131008-WA0026-1.jpg
    IMG-20131008-WA0026-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20131008_143035.jpg
    20131008_143035.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 91
Apr 28, 2010

A few notables :

You lucky *******. I read from Dave Stubbs' twitter that the practice wasn't open to public. So I went to work instead. Had I known, I would've called in sick.. Lol.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I remember several years ago the Habs had a practice here at the Ice Pavillion in Thornhill On. as part of a road trip. I was asked to help out with "security" for the practice.

after the practice a woman comes charging into the dressing room with a table lamp in each hand wanting them autographed by the team. There are some weird people out there I don't know how some of these athletes have the patience.

Halifaxhab*

I remember several years ago the Habs had a practice here at the Ice Pavillion in Thornhill On. as part of a road trip. I was asked to help out with "security" for the practice.

after the practice a woman comes charging into the dressing room with a table lamp in each hand wanting them autographed by the team. There are some weird people out there I don't know how some of these athletes have the patience.

I can think of a few million reasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad