OT: Met Mr. Jacobs in Australia!!!

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So I'm sitting in the Hyatt Lounge in Melbourne just now, and I moved to another room. I had my laptop out (which has a Bruins Stanley Cup Champions cover and just held onto it instead of packing it away.

A gentleman stopped me and asked where I was from. I told him Maine and he laughed as he showed me his ring, a Stanley Cup Ring. Introduced himself and said his father owns the team. (I dont know which Jacobs son it was, but it was very cool!)

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
After the B's fired M O'C and prior to hiring Chia I emailed Charlie and his secretary emailed me back for my phone number. I emailed him concerning hiring someone who would be able to handle the new salary cap structure and about stability etc. in the organization... I was so fed up that it gave me the nerve to do this. Charlie called me back while I was away on vacation and left a message on my (at the time answering machine). He said that he'd like to discuss the future of the team with a lifelong fan etc. and left me his number. I never called back since I guess that I lost my nerve and by that time (a week or more after) I was just at a loss for words...In his phone message he seemed like a really nice genuine guy who was searching for answers. You met a good one!:yo:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
See, Bs logo recognized around the world. Did he offer to buy you a Fosters? Goes to show: no matter where you go............there you are!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad