but have always thought this topic was much ado about nothing,
really changes nothing to me

Reactions: Synergy27

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i was there (and on 'camera' side of the ice), so couldn't tell
but have always thought this topic was much ado about nothing,
really changes nothing to me

well the thing that it would have changed is that if brian noonan is credited with the cup winning goal he would be right next to matteau in NYR legendary status

doesn't really matter but i like that he acknowledge it

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
A friend of mine is a Rangers fan and was at that game sitting about 15 rows from the glass(the non camera side of the ice) and got a good look at it.

It's Graves goal all the way. He is falling and swats the puck with his stick in front of Messier

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It has been discussed at length on different platforms but most recently last month:

I was always convinced that Noonan scored that goal but with Messier's legacy at the time, he got credit for it, similar to Ovechkin and Crosby winning the Conn Smythe based on reputation rather than on-ice performance. Don't get me wrong, they were good in their respective cup runs, but Kessel and Kuznetsov were robbed

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
That's Brian Noonan's goal and anyone who says different is a stone cold liar. I said it live and I still say it today.

My friend is the biggest Messier fan and he swears his life Graves gets that with his stick as he's falling. Saw it happen live. The delay and the timing of it going through McLeans points to this as well

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Did not realize Noonan was a 9th round guy. For comparison, no one else from that round played in more than 6 regular season NHL games for their career. Noonan played in 629...(A skinny weird guy, Dominik Hasek went in Round 10).

Noonan was a hard worker, made a pretty good career for himself in Chicago. Bizarre that he played for Keenan for four different organizations, Chicago, New York, St. Louis, and Vancouver. Ended his career back in Chicago - IHL. Full circle.

Maybe we have the next Noonan on board already. Ronning? Fontaine?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My friend is the biggest Messier fan and he swears his life Graves gets that with his stick as he's falling. Saw it happen live. The delay and the timing of it going through McLeans points to this as well
I would believe Graves got it before I believe Messier got it

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Now we can go on to who really murdered JFK.

But---I always thought it was Noonan who scored that and I've said it here numerous times. IMO Messier's stick is not even in there enough. As for Graves I guess it's possible--more possible than Messier anyway.

In a way it does matter when you think of Noonan--a good player but a career 3rd liner. Messier had a career stocked full of accolades and accomplishments and great moments. Noonan's career not that much and that maybe was his biggest moment ever. It shouldn't have been taken away from him.

Reactions: Cag29

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Now we can go on to who really murdered JFK.

But---I always thought it was Noonan who scored that and I've said it here numerous times. IMO Messier's stick is not even in there enough. As for Graves I guess it's possible--more possible than Messier anyway.

In a way it does matter when you think of Noonan--a good player but a career 3rd liner. Messier had a career stocked full of accolades and accomplishments and great moments. Noonan's career not that much and that maybe was his biggest moment ever. It shouldn't have been taken away from him.

Does this finally put your we should have kept Amonte theory ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad