Messi Says He Will Retire From Argentina National Team

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Re: International retirement - It's pretty much a gentleman's agreement when people retire from the national team. You say you don't want to be picked anymore, your federation says they won't pick you. I never knew you could be suspended if you didn't show up though.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
So? Argentina is trying to win under pressure. They're not trying to beat Atlanta 5-0.

nope.

It was never going to be for good. His retirement was more of break...I don't like the timing but not going to stress about it. This way he Dybala,Correa and maybe soon Vietto can develop some chemistry for 2018. This should also help barca bring Dybala in next summer. It's all good news.

Higuain didn't get called up BTW.:D

Higuain declined the call up. It's time to replace him with Icardi/Alario. This anti-Icardi nonsense needs to stop. Ascacibar needs to come in too to learn from the master Mascherano.

But for Higuain all those idiots decrying Messi would be cowering behind their keyboards. Higuain is a muerto.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Higuain declined the call up. It's time to replace him with Icardi/Alario. This anti-Icardi nonsense needs to stop. Ascacibar needs to come in too to learn from the master Mascherano.

But for Higuain all those idiots decrying Messi would be cowering behind their keyboards. Higuain is a muerto.

Yeah, read that wants to focus on Juve. Here's an idea for him maybe not show up overweight? Once, Dybala settles in it won't matter anyhow. Please, no to Icardi! As for Alario never seen him play but been hearing he's fantastic for River although, he hasn't been there long. Wouldn't mind him as the 5th option for forwards.

Ascacibar will most likely have to wait another year. Krane has just been getting his chances. Although, I've been far more impressed with Santiago than I have been with Krane. Would love to see them both get call ups. Doubt it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->