Merry Christmas to everyone in the HFNHL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Best wishes for the holiday season, gents!

Whatever you celebrate, be it Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, or just the return of the World Juniors (!), may the season be one of joy and peace for you and yours, and may the New Year bring health, happiness and prosperity. And a new NHL season.

See you in 2005!

:thumbu:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Happy Xmas and Happy New Year to all.... as a wise man once told me... "Eat and be merry"

Doug, I do believe Ramandan was in November. This is because Ramandan falls in the ninth month of the Muslim Calender which equates to November on the real on the Gregarian :teach: ... I don't want to sound insensitive but this was one of the theories that I heard on why Sept 11 was chosen. The terrorist didn't want to do in the month of Ramandan.

As for this period, I do believe its called Hari Raya... Or is that for the Hindus?? i forget... :dunno:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Donga said:
Happy Xmas and Happy New Year to all.... as a wise man once told me... "Eat and be merry"

Doug, I do believe Ramandan was in November. This is because Ramandan falls in the ninth month of the Muslim Calender which equates to November on the real on the Gregarian :teach: ... I don't want to sound insensitive but this was one of the theories that I heard on why Sept 11 was chosen. The terrorist didn't want to do in the month of Ramandan.

As for this period, I do believe its called Hari Raya... Or is that for the Hindus?? i forget... :dunno:

This I know, however Ramadan is the most significant Muslim observance in this general time of year (I'm not going to split hairs over a month or two - I know freaks who had their Christmas decorations up right after Thanksgiving.. the CANADIAN Thanksgiving, what the Yanks call Columbus Day). This is less about the calendar anyway than about the spirit of celebration, and inclusion!

To which point, my list most certainly should have included Festivus!

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Season's Greetings

Just wanted to add my two cents and wish everyone happy holidays as well....eat, drink and be merry....kobe vs shaq on christmas day

Andrew

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Merry X-mas and Happy New Year to all.

As for Ramadan, it does fall on the 9th month of the lunar calendar, which is about 11 to 12 days shorter than the Gregorian calender. This means that every year Ramadan start 11 to 12 days earlier than the previous year.

This year Ramadan started in mid October and finished around mid November. Next year it will start early October or late September, and so on and so on....

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Re: Merry X Mas

Merry Chrismas everyone and enjoy the white snow as I am currently in Tanzania suffering under 38 degree celcius.

As for Ramadhan, Muslim celebrate Idd which is completion of fasting month (Ramadhan). The month of Ramadhan is th 9th the month of Lunar Calender and is 29 or 30 day month based on Moon sighting. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad