GDT: Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noël !

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm actually in Montreal, not under the best circumstances, but trying to make the best of it. Ticked Montreal smoked meat and St-Viateur bagels off my family's list. Staying at Dr Penfield Airbnb, chilling while it snows outside.

Also went to byow French restaurant, which is always on my list when in town.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Was looking at everyone who has played in the NHL this season and no one was born on the 25th (or the 24th or 26th). Mark Friedman (25th) was an Xmas baby and has been called up a couple of times but hasn't played. Closest Hab is Anthony Richard (20th) who got his present early, his first NHL goal.

All the best folks!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Feliz navidad mi hermanos!

Waddam I saying... I haven't put-up any lights or trees in over a decade. I don't follow traditions. Call me a grinch if you want. I still go to see family and everything, drink nog and have fun. I just don't give a rat's ass about most holidays which have all turned into commercial holidays that are reinforced to keep the cyclical consumption going.

Happy new year, though!!

Technically, we could say that any day of the year

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Feliz navidad mi hermanos!

Waddam I saying... I haven't put-up any lights or trees in over a decade. I don't follow traditions. Call me a grinch if you want. I still go to see family and everything, drink nog and have fun. I just don't give a rat's ass about most holidays which have all turned into commercial holidays that are reinforced to keep the cyclical consumption going.

Happy new year, though!!

Technically, we could say that any day of the year
Okay, Mr. Grinch – Feliz día del Draft.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm actually in Montreal, not under the best circumstances, but trying to make the best of it. Ticked Montreal smoked meat and St-Viateur bagels off my family's list. Staying at Dr Penfield Airbnb, chilling while it snows outside.

Also went to byow French restaurant, which is always on my list when in town.
Hope the warm glow of nostalgia takes the edge off your circumstances. Holidays seem to bring out equal parts happiness and angst.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hope the warm glow of nostalgia takes the edge off your circumstances. Holidays seem to bring out equal parts happiness and angst.
Thanks Lshap. My mother just deceased on Dec 10. I flew in on time to see her last few hours alive. My wife and son flew up right after for her service. I have a tremendous relationship with my siblings, and managed to enjoy Montreal's charms these past few days.

DailyKaizen

Thanks Lshap. My mother just deceased on Dec 10. I flew in on time to see her last few hours alive. My wife and son flew up right after for her service. I have a tremendous relationship with my siblings, and managed to enjoy Montreal's charms these past few days.
Those who are often recalled and fondly remembered are never truly departed. My condolences 💐

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Mes condolences , I hope she'll rest in peace.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

VirginiaMtlExpat

Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Thanks to those who responded about my mother. She had a nice long life til 82 and took joy in her four children and her grandkids. She had a keen understanding of what is important in life, which she transmitted to us.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad