Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
ImmortalX-mas_zps56dbec93.jpg

SCanedinavian

Sep 13, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
Happy festivus peeps! Cheers for keeping me posted through the lockout, not the easiest keeping track of it all from Europe (even if theres been a distinct lack of action for a lot of it).

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Damn does it look like there could be some *****in skiing there.

Merry Christmas everyone.

believe it or not, there IS skiing there. like for real. Bamiyan province holds a ski challenge every march. there is recreational skiing "at your own risk" (a reality that many dont really think about, somehow) throughout the northern and eastern parts of the country, in the Hindu Kush mountains.

www.afghanskichallenge.com/

that last photo was taken while flying at about 6,000 feet above sea level.

this one was taken from about 4900 ft above sea level with the peaks being at about 8k. the peaks where they have the challenge are also at about 8k, maybe extending to close to 9k on occasion.

IMGP6357.JPG

hope everyone is having a good Christmas so far! mine is less than 3 hours from being over already, but thank goodness for a slow day work wise, which ended up meaning watching movies in our hanger all day, and going home 2 hours early!

thank goodness for a peaceful Christmas here.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Still 6 hours left in my shift here. Though likewise it hasn't been that bad. Just wish I had the day off after the total ****show that was this weekend.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->