Confirmed with Link: Menell to Toronto for a conditional 2022 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This move sucks, but remember when people were scared of losing Menell in the ED and some thought of ways to protect him? Just shows youwhat the FO thought of him.

Losing Menell to Seattle would've meant that Soucy was still around. A worthy trade. A conditional 7th, not so much.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My question is, if Guerin didn't like his game(i have trouble believing he was up nights watching tape of him in the KHL), then why did he want him to be on the taxi squad last year? Seems personal on his part.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My question is, if Guerin didn't like his game(i have trouble believing he was up nights watching tape of him in the KHL), then why did he want him to be on the taxi squad last year? Seems personal on his part.

Agreed. This is the kind of trade you make when you actively don't want somebody to be part of the organization anymore, and there's nothing that Menell did or has done that would/should have put him in that spot.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Personal because Menell bailed last seaso and BG has an awful big EGO

Not personal because Menell and Addison are the same player and BG can't look bad after he traded for Addison IF Menell beat out Addison for a spot

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe someone can explain to me why we're apologizing to Guerin for Guerin not giving Menell that contract?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Maybe someone can explain to me why we're apologizing to Guerin for Guerin not giving Menell that contract?
Your mental gymnastics are good enough to make the US Olympic Team.

All reports were that the Wild offered exactly that and Menell's camp wanted a 1 way.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Your mental gymnastics are good enough to make the US Olympic Team.

All reports were that the Wild offered exactly that and Menell's camp wanted a 1 way.

Sorry, I'm not seeing why I have to apologize to him for failing to sign a player he had exclusive rights to.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Well, he either wanted out and was pushing the one way thing because of it, or he realized after negotiating with both Minnesota and Toronto that it just wasn't going to be happening at all and he accepted that.

Reactions: Minnesnota

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
What was my "wrong"? Wanting Guerin to give Menell a one-way contract?

I don't know what's worse, not being able to see the fault in your ways or thinking a guy who the league at large valued as a conditional 7th is deserving of a 1-way contract.

Turns out he's not worth a one-way contract honey!

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Well, he either wanted out and was pushing the one way thing because of it, or he realized after negotiating with both Minnesota and Toronto that it just wasn't going to be happening at all and he accepted that.
Definitely the latter. He overplayed his hand. f***ed around and found out!

I bet it was a humbling experience for him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't know what's worse, not being able to see the fault in your ways or thinking a guy who the league at large valued as a conditional 7th is deserving of a 1-way contract.

If wanting to give Menell a one-way contract for one year to see what he could be here is my biggest wrong-doing, I'm doing pretty alright at this whole life thing, I guess.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
If wanting to give Menell a one-way contract for one year to see what he could be here is my biggest wrong-doing, I'm doing pretty alright at this whole life thing, I guess.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys.
You could "see what he could do here" on a 2-way. You're literally advocating to give a player something he's not worth. The difference between our two arguments is I have facts on my side.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You could "see what he could do here" on a 2-way. You're literally advocating to give a player something he's not worth. The difference between our two arguments is I have facts on my side.

The other difference is I don't care as much as you apparently do about who's "technically right" or "technically wrong", I cared more about not losing a potentially good player for nothing over something pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

But you're on some sort of weird power trip right now so I'll leave you to it...honey.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Your avatar wasn’t “worth” being a top 4 round selection according to the league at one point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad