Confirmed with Link: Menell to Toronto for a conditional 2022 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
So in a year where Wild needs to add cheap D, they trade away cheap D that is already in the organization?

I can understand if you aren't high on Menell or whatever, but I see literally no upside to this move.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I guess I don't get it, but maybe they see Menell as the Mayhew of defensemen and just don't think his game translates. We'll see what Toronto makes of him.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Seems they are putting full faith in Addison to push for the spot and were expecting to end up losing Mennel to waivers, probably felt it was better to at least get something out of it or at least keep him out of our conference if he does break out.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Seems they are putting full faith in Addison to push for the spot and were expecting to end up losing Mennel to waivers, probably felt it was better to at least get something out of it or at least keep him out of our conference if he does break out.

No. They are going to put their faith and probably 2 or 3x as much money in Bogosian's corpse or someone similar.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean, you can't get a 3rd or 4th rounder for Brackett to work with? Wonder if this is a gentleman's agreement with Dubas to keep his hands off Bogo(was a Leaf last year, might be his preferred destination), so we can sign him. If so, it makes a bit of sense, if we want to get bigger and tougher on the back end.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Or just give him a 1-way deal because we need cheap defensemen.
Yeah we do..if they don't feel he's worth it...ship him out. Just because we need them is no reason to give out contracts you don't feel a guy is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->