U17: Men vs Women: Capital City Challenge

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
2021 Capital City Challenge | Hockey Canada

Didn't see this posted elsewhere. So it looks like Hockey Canada is doing a 4 team U17 series with a twist: one of the four teams will be the Canadian National Women's Team. I'm excited to watch - I think it might get out of hand pretty early, but who knows.

What do you guys think?

U17 kids will destroy any women team. Another question, what about hits? Hits are forbidden in female hockey.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
They won’t have hitting in the games that the Woman’s team are involved in, just when they u17s play eachother. Wonder how they will make the teams, I’d like WHL v OHL v QMJHL

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
This seems...stupid. The women's team just lost to a Junior A team. This is a considerably higher level.

Reactions: SpoolCat

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
This seems...stupid. The women's team just lost to a Junior A team. This is a considerably higher level.

Its really just an exhibition tourney to get the top U-17 kids used to the Hockey Canada process and gain some familiarity with each other before other major tournaments. For the women, it's simply a chance for more reps against good competition before the Olympics. I don't see the harm.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Such a bummer to lose the U17s for this. I don't know why the women are playing such hard competition there going to get smoked. I don't see the problem with them playing the midget teams they went about 500 against them so what did they expect to do against the best U17s in the world

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Pretty interesting game to watch. Women have done well to hold the guys to 5-1 after two considering they’re playing a ton of CHL 1st rounders.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pretty interesting game to watch. Women have done well to hold the guys to 5-1 after two considering they’re playing a ton of CHL 1st rounders.

Team Red beat women 7-0 though. Still not bad. Of course playing without hits makes a men team like 30%, if not more, weaker...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad