Movies: Men in Black: International

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Interesting... do sort of question whether it should have been a "Men in Black" movie, but it could be a good movie.

Did that make sense. Like Die Hard 4 I really enjoyed, but I don't think it was a Die Hard Movies.... like 5, except I didn't enjoy that one so much.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Bumping this thread as it comes out this weekend, and they've released the review embargo. First signs do not look promising (32% RT score).

This is a franchise that is familiar, but not anything that people are passionate about from my perspective. It was going to take strong reviews to motivate me to check this out in theatres, or at least good word of mouth. Given I don't know anyone even talking about this film, I'm doubting I'll hear the latter.

I do like the leads, so it's a shame that the buzz isn't there for them. Given how so many of these revived franchise films are struggling, I'm hoping it triggers putting a bit more investment into something original.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Latest trailer looks terrible.

Not surprised about the early reviews.

I thought the latest trailer was actually pretty good, but I am also not surprised about the reviews. Though, while it's still very early and there aren't many reviews, the audience score on Rotten has gotten off to a better start.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought the latest trailer was actually pretty good, but I am also not surprised about the reviews. Though, while it's still very early and there aren't many reviews, the audience score on Rotten has gotten off to a better start.

The latest one I saw had weird (and badly realized?) CGI characters making lots of jokes.

Is that the latest one?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The marketing campaign for this during the NBA Finals has been insufferable. I've never been a fan of MIB though, I was lukewarm on the original and absolutely hated both sequels. I ultimately just don't like the zany tone of it all.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Surprised at the lack of controversy over the "MEN in Black" name. Safe to assume it gets explained in the movie.

There have been women in black in every MiB film to date.

men-in-black-4.jpg

latest

latest

Reactions: Desdichado30

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Still a pretty low amount of reviews (231), but the Rotten audience score on this movie is 71%, so it must not be a total dumpster fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad