Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
CapitalsStanleyCupChampionsOnIce-5-of-21-1.jpg

I like this one. When Alex was drafted and became a Capital, the Capitals were a team led by Olie for the most part. He was their best player and was a star in Washington at least in previous years, certainly the most popular Cap at the time. Olie passed the torch to Ovie, and here is Ovie passing the Cup to Olie.

Plus, EJ's dopey face in the background is kinda funny too.

I had no idea Kolzig was the goaltending coach. Wow. Retribution for him!

Sep 19, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out when to go and how this works. All this parade stuff is so new to me. For years I've thought about it during the seasons but now it's a reality.

I'm probably going to walk alongside them but who knows what I might be able to see with the huge crowds there.

Who else is going?

Tempted as hell to drive from Richmond!

Seeing a championship parade is rare. This is not Boston. Definitely make it out there especially if it's the city's first in a few decades.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Who else is going?

Tempted as hell to drive from Richmond!

I'll be there. Got a room at the Washington Marriot two blocks from Constitution Ave., for Monday night, so I will be there bright and early.

p.s. They are calling for rain every day in the District EXCEPT Tuesday, where it will be cloudy and 76, so not too hot and not too much sun. Even god is a Caps fan!!!!!! ;)

VaCaps Fan

Feb 18, 2018
Well I got a red 2002 honda accord with a Caps sticker (aka CAPS CAR!)

Plus my sister lives by Nats ballpark!

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out when to go and how this works. All this parade stuff is so new to me. For years I've thought about it during the seasons but now it's a reality.

I'm probably going to walk alongside them but who knows what I might be able to see with the huge crowds there.

I highly doubt it's going to be possible to walk alongside them. I expect a total shitshow and I don't really know what to expect beyond that. I haven't decided if I want to try to find a spot along the parade route or at the rally point but I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow or on Tuesday morning on the metro ride down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->