Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Overhead shot of the crowd puts the crowd size in better perspective.

547vox.jpg

Heard a joke on 980 the crowd was as big as inauguration crowds. Not quite.

Then again the people along the parade route should fill in the mall once the presentation starts. Would be good to see an overhead shot then.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Overhead shot of the crowd puts the crowd size in better perspective.

547vox.jpg

Heard a joke on 980 the crowd was as big as inauguration crowds. Not quite.

Then again the people along the parade route should fill in the mall once the presentation starts. Would be good to see an overhead shot then.

The inauguration crowd was about 3 times what's in that picture if you go all the way to the Capital, but the total crowd for this parade is clearly bigger overall. Not everyone is going to go to the rally since most got 2hrs off.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The inauguration crowd was about 3 times what's in that picture if you go all the way to the Capital, but the total crowd for this parade is clearly bigger overall. Not everyone is going to go to the rally since most got 2hrs off.

Not sure how you can say the total crowd for this parade is bigger than an inauguration. Its a good crowd but its still the Caps.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure how you can say the total crowd for this parade is bigger than an inauguration. Its a good crowd but its still the Caps.

Not sure how? Have you seen the pictures from that parade? LOL

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
One thing the Eagles did during their parade was replay the Super Bowl on the big screens for the fans waiting for the speeches at the stage area. Wish they were showing Game 5 to that crowd near the stage right now as the busses work down Constitution.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No way the parade size matches Obama's inaugurations, but it could certainly match Trump's "Biggest inauguration crowd. Period."

Man, every aerial shot is anywhere from 15-30 people deep at least for blocks and blocks. The route for the latest inauguration was essentially empty.

This is a bigly celebration. Yuge.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

That footage is somewhat deceptive of the crowds lining the parade route as that's around 21st and Constitution Avenue. As you got down further the crowds got much larger. I was at 17th and Constitution on the north side and I'd say they were easily 6 to 8 people deep. They only got bigger the further they went down Constitution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad