OT: Memorial Day

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
My first Memorial Day without my Father. He was a veteran of Desert Storm and he passed away last August at 50 years old. So proud of him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A word of thanks to those who made the supreme sacrifice and sincere condolences to those loved ones they left behind.

Well said.

It doesn't matter which time period or war...They lost their lives for this country.

Also thank you for those who are/ were in the service...and are still with us.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My first Memorial Day without my Father. He was a veteran of Desert Storm and he passed away last August at 50 years old. So proud of him.

Sorry for you loss...so young:(

I planted flowers Sat at the grave of my parents and grandparents. Both of my grandfathers served in WW1...My Dad was in WW2.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Sorry for you loss...so young:(

I planted flowers Sat at the grave of my parents and grandparents. Both of my grandfathers served in WW1...My Dad was in WW2.

Thank you very much.

Thats quite a feat by your family, I'm thankful for their service.

I visited my Dad's grave at Borne National cemetery and an organization planted 60,000 US flags on the grounds, it was quite a site to see.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Thanks to all the vets everywhere. Nothing more valiant than sacrificing ones own self for the good of us all.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
A word of thanks to those who made the supreme sacrifice and sincere condolences to those loved ones they left behind.

Ditto.

Our town does a very nice memorial parade and my son is in the band, so we go every year. It's nice to see a lot of younger people and kids there to keep the tradition going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad