OT: Memorial Day: Honor the Fallen - With having the best day you can. America!!!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Here's my front yard to honor the Fallen since we can't have parades and such. Post pics or videos of your "Thanks" to the many who didn't make it home to enjoy the freedom they "PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE FOR".

*WE ARE FOREVER IN YOUR DEBT!!!*
4ff5b216a89b8.image.gif

(PLAY - TAPS)

memorial-day-bbq1-e1460569245210.png

memorial-day-bbq-300x199.jpg
memorial-day-bbq-300x199.jpg

keep-calm-its-memorial-day-please-be-safe-and-carry-on.png

There is also a chance you will hear people play their Bugle Taps from home across the county. Keep your ears open.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Amen. Hot dogs are gross. 93/7 lean meat is awesome. #iloveburgers
all beef hot dogs are solid, but certainly not a delicacy. They are like chicken nuggets; they rely on condiments and a healthy topping of nostalgia.

And 93/7 burgers are in line with a well done streak. I mean you do you, but come on now. 80/20 is burger meat. Maybe even 70/30.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There will be a lot of choices at the BBQ. I was just trying to be decorative for the moment.:laugh:

Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Kielbasa, Pork, chicken, Ribs and Brats.

Have your fill whatever you make. Mines in bold.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Spent AMAZING time with my family. I took (i forget which one it was) @Mr Jiggyfly or @Jaded-Fan 's recommendation of filming some moments at the house. I have some great stuff of my niece running back/forth to my mother/father on film that i'll start to save. I started capturing some of these moments (not too much) on film just to have as a memory. So I get about 5 minutes of film and then just put the phones down and relax. But watching my parents be excited grandparents to an 18 month old is magical. Absolutely magical.

So thank you for whomever made that recommendation. I got some great stuff yesterday. Today i'm relaxing. I'll work out, get my outside footwork in, and just relax.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Spent AMAZING time with my family. I took (i forget which one it was) @Mr Jiggyfly or @Jaded-Fan 's recommendation of filming some moments at the house. I have some great stuff of my niece running back/forth to my mother/father on film that i'll start to save. I started capturing some of these moments (not too much) on film just to have as a memory. So I get about 5 minutes of film and then just put the phones down and relax. But watching my parents be excited grandparents to an 18 month old is magical. Absolutely magical.

So thank you for whomever made that recommendation. I got some great stuff yesterday. Today i'm relaxing. I'll work out, get my outside footwork in, and just relax.

The idea came from reading a 9/11 survivor, who said that a moment came years later when they no longer could remember their wife's voice. It was like losing them all over again.

After reading that I recorded my mother. And just this past weekend spend an hour on four recordings of my father. You have no idea how important those will be to you when they are gone. My father, girlfriend, brother and others watch my mother intermittently, and although she is gone for over a year now it is as if she is there with us. Down to the little mannerisms that make them who they are.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I ended up cooking the ribs in the oven. We had a very small gathering. My mother came over, as did my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It was good to have people over for a few hours and the ribs turned out pretty well. Plus my mother-in-law made fresh pancit and lumpia (Filipino noodles and egg roles) to go along with the ribs, potato salad and pasta salad we had.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just got done with the cleanup of having friends over with their kids. Cook out followed by milkshakes and cookies:P. Then us parents all hung out at the table on the deck to BS while the four boys watched Solo in the clubhouse.

Back in the icebox house...:towel:

At least until I have to make sure they properly closed up the clubhouse.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yeah, Jaded is the one. Good stuff, and glad to see you got some memorable moments. Especially for the kids later. Maybe sneak a Gopro somewhere and let it just do it's thing. Unfiltered and maybe some good old comedy without anyone knowing about it. You can always edit stuff out you don't want people to see. Why have fake memories if they know it's there.

I'm devious...

I wish I had one when I was a kid when I caught this crayfish I brought home from the lake (two/three minute walk) for my dad to cut up for bait... It was half the size of a lobster, and I didn't tell him what it was. :laugh: He reached in and it snapped him and jumped back a little and told me get the thing the hell out of here. So I let him go. Funny stuff. But I really did want him to cut it up. I think I was like 7/8.

Almost like you planned it but it was completely innocent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->