GDT: Memorial Cup Semi-Final Peterborough Petes vs Seattle Thunderbirds 10PM TSN/NHL NETWORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Been a terrific run for the Petes looks like they have just about run out of gas.

I wonder what players from this Petes team get NHL or AHL contracts, Avery Hayes and Samuel Mayer 2 UDFA. Both fit a Rangers need RW depth and LD depth. Drury better be interested after watching them especially after watching Othmann

Reactions: bl02

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
This guy Smith #6 on Peterborough makes Marc Staal look like Lidstrom.

Fans while watching Marc Staal try to handle/clear the puck for their team after prolonged defensive zone pressure in the playoffs:

IMG_20230602_224910.jpg

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Othmann last game in juniors, JR Avon, and other players. Spearing, Hayes, Mayer UDFA.

Can the Rangers sign all of these good UDFA from Peterborough Petes? Get that work ethic skilled passion and comeback ability in the organization. It is desperately needed.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Othmann is easily the best prospect on Peterborough IMO. Not Stillman or Beck. The biggest reason the Petes won the OHL championship though was Michael Simpson stole a bunch of games. He wasn't as good in the Memorial Cup but he more than anyone else got the Petes there.

The Petes defense throughout the tournament wasn't very good. They were pinned in their end a lot....had issues breaking out of their defensive zone....their opponents picked off passes and kept loads of plays alive, the ability of the point men to keep plays alive or pucks in on the power play was not good and their power play struggled. That said the competition were top quality CHL teams. Would I sign Mayer? No. For a team looking for a project maybe Gauvreau. He's a Bruins type (think Kevan Miller, Adam McQuaid--would need at least 3 good years to develop in the minors into maybe a 6/7 D). Would I sign Avery Hayes? No. The Flyers signing Avon got the best undrafted player on that team. McCoy and Konnor Smith have good chances of being late round draft picks this summer. Both need to develop more of a two way game.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
If Smith ends up anything like Staal he will go to 4 conference finals and 2 stanley cup finals. I'd take that.

Sign Hayes for sure. I am not sure about the LD though. We have a bunch. We need a RD.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Othmann last game in juniors, JR Avon, and other players. Spearing, Hayes, Mayer UDFA.

Can the Rangers sign all of these good UDFA from Peterborough Petes? Get that work ethic skilled passion and comeback ability in the organization. It is desperately needed.
Do you ever keep track of all the players you want the Rangers to sign?

We would have easily over 100 by now….

Reactions: cwede
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad