Memorial Cup Host Wins League

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I really hope the NHL Network here in the States carries this tournament live this year like they used to. The past two years they showed practically the whole thing on a tape delay, each game condensed into 2 hours the following day. Clueless:shakehead

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Quick question. What happens if the Host of the Memorial Cup wins their respective league? i.e. Saskatoon this year? Who takes the extra slot?

If Saskatoon or any host team makes it to their league final, their opponent for the league final automatically has the league berth into the Memorial Cup. I believe that if the host wins their league championship they have a choice as to be in the 'League Champion' slot, or the 'host team' slot for the tourney Schedule.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
If Saskatoon or any host team makes it to their league final, their opponent for the league final automatically has the league berth into the Memorial Cup. I believe that if the host wins their league championship they have a choice as to be in the 'League Champion' slot, or the 'host team' slot for the tourney Schedule.

That's interesting...did not know that. Thanks for the info.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada

That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure the people who bought ticks to watch Stoon, would be fairly upset if the current schedule changed.

http://www.mastercardmemorialcup.ca/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad