memo to canadians: "settle down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

millions

Feb 8, 2006
trippyime said:
Nope, it's right out of those pics from the Globes.

Have you seen the video of the guy squeezing her breast on the red carpet? :amazed:

Yea, seen that one. When you gay, you can get away with murder (in relation to squeezing a starlet's breasts).

Never thought Scarlett was that hot, but once I caught those red carpet pics... ( .)(. ) Holy crap!

Nice to see there is something that can pull us away from our whining about a bunch of guys playing with rubber...

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
there is no reason to blindly buy in to bullcrap when it's being forced on you.

not scoring a single goal in 2 consecutive games . . . ? 100 million dollar team?

maybe the defensive coaches are holding the oppoisiton to a duece a tilt, but how 'bout that offensive braintrust?

if fans don't want to admit it's the coach, will the two upcoming losses help?

Scotty Bowman, Bob Gainey, John Muckler, Bryan Murray, Mike Babcock, Jacques Lemaire, Tom Renney, Barry Trotz, Lindy Ruff, Lanny McDonald, Craig MacTavish . . . there are SO many great hockey minds, some of whom have actually had success, like in this millenium, unlike this current Wayne's World of coaches.

sure, yeah, this round means nothing. you bet. the old double snake-eyes is just to sucker them in. the 9-goals-a-game Russians are just showing off.

so, sure; stick with what you were fed. why question a Titanic collapse when you can just keep singing the national anthem? it's so much more fun to stay drunk on the Pat-love and howl at the moon!

enjoy the next two games!

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
millions said:
Nice to see there is something that can pull us away from our whining about a bunch of guys playing with rubber...

That's half the reason I changed the pic to her. I figure I can get away with a few more antagonistic posts during the Olympics because people won't notice as much! ;)

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
"pat-love".

that post pretty much sums it up. that's the george bush mentality i was talking about earlier...you're either so in love with quinn, or you have to hate him and acknowledge the "fact" that he's never done anything as a coach or otherwise.

pathetic.

millions

Feb 8, 2006
trippyime said:
That's half the reason I changed the pic to her. I figure I can get away with a few more antagonistic posts during the Olympics because people won't notice as much! ;)

Yeah, thats pretty lame...but effective. You know the moderators are going to be on this one pretty quick.

Before they lock it for complete crap (although this is probably one of the more intelligent threads I've read for a bit-apart from the boobs), I really want you to post directly after the guy with the Scotty Bowman pic so he is totally looking down her cleavage. Just thought it would be a laugh...(not to disgrace two world class people in their own right).

Now to be completely serious, there is a lot of crap ripping people about what they say, how the players play, how the coaches do their job. If we knew it all, we would be there, not throwing remotes at the TV and renouncing our citizenships.

As I see it, Canada was never really successful at international competition regarding hockey. This is not a gold medal certainty for us (never was). We need to WIN it, and it is obviously not an easy thing. I am amazed however how much some of these 'lesser' countries has caught up to us.

I made a point about the trap in a different thread, in that the other contries do what they need to compete with us (the NHL). The are now great at it, but we have disposed of it. We have scorers who never flourished in it (aka Team Canada) that now must face it. The irony is too much...

Sorry for ranting, but I know I speak the truth. If this has not been a wake up call in the last 48 hours, the bronze is not even a possibility.

and BTW...Millions Livio...never stole your name...looks like you have been here much before me, and keep up the good posts (even if the only takes you 13 seconds to post vs. my Moby Dick 1000 pagers). Just feel that I need to get some truth into the mix rather than baseless emotion...

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
"'pat-love'"

that post pretty much sums it up. that's the george bush mentality i was talking about earlier..."

exactly.

it's possible to love your country (sport) without blind devotion to whoever is in charge this week. i can love America and not George Bush, and i can love Team Canada, and not Wayne Quinn.

here's to a whole new congress in 2010!
maybe we can keep up with Ovechkin then.

millions

Feb 8, 2006
LannysStach said:
"'pat-love'"

that post pretty much sums it up. that's the george bush mentality i was talking about earlier..."

exactly.

it's possible to love your country (sport) without blind devotion to whoever is in charge this week. i can love America and not George Bush, and i can love Team Canada, and not Wayne Quinn.

here's to a whole new congress in 2010!
maybe we can keep up with Ovechkin then.

Dammit, thought you were getting political, and being a Canuck (Canadian, not Vancouver), I thought who the the hell is Wayne Quinn...got it. Damn, pretty funny actually!

And even in that comment, as Canadians, we have our divisions. Never intended in a negative way, but in a competitive/sportmanship way which I guess is what we are all after, the point comes across. I remember going to the old Oiler/Flames games in the 80's (yes, drool you envious buggers). That was some of the most hotly contested hockey ever, and even through the dry years, it still held up as a defining identity for the two cities.

Yet, put the same fans in one room, all could acknowledge the greatness of the big picture rather than getting into a 'you suck' ego match. I always thought hockey fans were there greatest of us all because it is an outlet, and when its done, lets have a pint together. We don't bring darts to games to throw at anyone who doesn't carry our colours.

I really enjoy these Olympics because the 'lesser' teams have shown up and caused quite a stir. If you need to be reminded what it is all about, just watch their fans. One of the greatest moments for me in these Olympics was watching that MASSIVE Swiss flag crossing the stands at the end of the Canadian game.

Awesome yet humbling...

LannysStach

Thou shall
Dec 13, 2004
NYC & Toronto
"I really enjoy these Olympics because the 'lesser' teams have shown up and caused quite a stir. If you need to be reminded what it is all about, just watch their fans. One of the greatest moments for me in these Olympics was watching that MASSIVE Swiss flag crossing the stands at the end of the Canadian game."

one of the Great Moments of the Olympics so far! it would be so amazing if Slovakia and Switzerland could win medals! the 'lympics belong in Europe and not freakin Utah. Canada won last time, and they're gonna win next time at home in Vancouver, so if another country full of hockey players and fans wins this year it won't be the worst thing.

this is either gonna be the biggest comeback of all time or the biggest collapse.

shakespearian drama, baby!

Saint Wayne, the mysterious Lord Quinn, and a shadowy figure from the west who shaved to change his appearance . . .
a hall of fame career, a gambling scandle, a legacy, the mob, lawsuits, national pride, broken cheek bones, unenlisted rookies, Captain Canada, back-to-back goose-eggs, a 100 million dollar roster . . . the future of the free freakin world is all!!!

the biggest collpase . . . or the biggest comeback.
tuesday and wednesday.

Ohhh-Baby! wails ol' JD.

millions

Feb 8, 2006
one of the Great Moments of the Olympics so far! it would be so amazing if Slovakia and Switzerland could win medals! the 'lympics belong in Europe and not freakin Utah

Not sure if I quoted that right (damn technology). Anyhow, you lost me a bit on the rant, but yes, the 'O'lympics are great in Europe (I find myself cheering for Italy all the time ???). As for Utah...you couldn't even have a damn beer without a proper licence. Really, the Americans need to be ashamed of themselves after that one. Had I gone, I could of picked up a couple of wives though (sorry for the low blow). Damn, there I go being Canadian and speaking the truth and apologizing for it.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
deathbear said:
nothing wrong with discussion.

that's the whole POINT of this thread. there's way too much *****ing and unreasonable comments being thrown about. you'd think quinn had slept with all of our girlfriends and bragged about it to our parents or something.

Slept with girlfriends !!! .. You mean Slept with grand mothers . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad