memo to canadians: "settle down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
if we lose out in the tournament, let the complaining rip.

in the meantime, if anyone else feels the need to rag on pat quinn because he's "stupid, and doesn't know what he's doing", please bear in mind there's lots of people that read these forums who actually look past coaches/players previous game's accomplishments.

it might be worth noting that this same coaching staff led us to a gold medal in salt lake, and a world cup championship.

but i guess that was a fluke...that or the players deserve all the credit. certainly not pat quinn.

i also read somewhere that "fat quinn" was "a disgrace to team canada and the nhl".

i don't remember this board being so childish in the past, but i really have a hard time understanding this venom.

for the record, i don't like the maple leafs, never have, but i recognize what quinn has accomplished.

and while the canadians are clearly out of step so far, perhaps we should ask "have we been eliminated from the possibility of winning gold?"

all rational, calm posters please let me know you exist. i'm scared of most of you at the moment...

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
I've been a Quinn critic since the late 90s. And, even if he's been successful with Team Canada, I'm confident that Martin, Sutter, and others would also have been successful with such talent and, at the time, a desire to win.

There are better coaches out there. This team, the Canadians, needs a coach that can light a fire under them. Mike Keenan, I hate to say, would be ideal. He is known, after all, for that specific tactic--which, incidentally, tends to bring out the best in stars.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
alright, mike keenan?

please...please don't ruin my thread. the first ****ing reply has mike keenan replacing pat quinn.

unbelievable.

i need to stick my head in the sand somewhere.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
deathbear said:
alright, mike keenan?

please...please don't ruin my thread. the first ****ing reply has mike keenan replacing pat quinn.

unbelievable.

i need to stick my head in the sand somewhere.

Emotionally stressed, are we?

All I said was:
1) Mike Keenan brings out the best of stars
2) Canada is filled with stars
3) Therefore, Keenan is a proper coach for Canada

I don't see much that defies logic there.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
This is uhh...this is a hockey message board.

We talk about hockey here. A team struggles, everyone complains and looks for solutions. What's the harm in discussion? I'll never get why people complain about discussion.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
trippyime said:
This is uhh...this is a hockey message board.

We talk about hockey here. A team struggles, everyone complains and looks for solutions. What's the harm in discussion? I'll never get why people complain about discussion.

Agreed.

Kesler Kills Kommies

Dec 6, 2004
i think if they are desperate, how about trying to start turco?
he never starts, it must feel good for him to taste the game and play good for us

and try the line Nash Sakic Bertuzzi regularly, instead of playing them in the PP

and i do have faith that they will win at the end, and hope i am right

by the way, i dont want to start another thread

by 2010, sakic will be retired, who do you think will be the captain in 2010?

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
vancouver_2010 said:
he never starts, it must feel good for him to taste the game and play good for us

and try the line Nash Sakic Bertuzzi regularly, instead of playing them in the PP

Haha, yet another thread turning into the same topic, BUT:

I like that line. I think splitting up Thornton and Nash is a good idea.

As well, I was thinking earlier it couldn't hurt to start Turco. Who knows, if he comes in and shuts out the Czechs, maybe we're back on track with a new goalie?

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
nothing wrong with discussion.

that's the whole POINT of this thread. there's way too much *****ing and unreasonable comments being thrown about. you'd think quinn had slept with all of our girlfriends and bragged about it to our parents or something.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
vancouver_2010 said:

Speaking of lineups, as someone suggested in another topic, why is Mr. Draper on the first line? The checking (ie: defense first) lines are usually labeled "3" and "'4." I'd really like to see: Gagne - Thornton - Smyth. The speed of those wingers with the passing ability and strength of Thornton would allow for creativity without compromising physicality--which, from what I sense, Canadian fans love.

Also, how about havng Iginla with Heatley and Lecavalier--a big, physical, but supremely skilled line.

My biggest roster issue with this team is St. Louis.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
ScottyBowman said:
I enjoy each time trippyime posts. I don't read his posts but look at his avatar :)

I'm trying to post a lot these days...I'm getting some "positive" responses. ;)

deathbear said:
that's the whole POINT of this thread. there's way too much *****ing and unreasonable comments being thrown about. you'd think quinn had slept with all of our girlfriends and bragged about it to our parents or something.

Hey, Pat Quinn can **** my girlfriend anytime he wants. The man won a gold medal in Salt Lake, it'd be an honour! :yo:

(but only after he gets fired from TML)

:D

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
there's enough other threads to discuss lines, no?

but i don't mind...so long as there's NO COMMENTS, absolutely NONE regarding the validitity of any of our players or coaching staff.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
trippyime said:
I'm trying to post a lot these days...I'm getting some "positive" responses. ;)

Hey, Pat Quinn can **** my girlfriend anytime he wants. The man won a gold medal in Salt Lake, it'd be an honour! :yo:

(but only after he gets fired from TML)

:D

ha! he might no longer be the right guy for the leafs, but i don't have an opinion on that.

Kesler Kills Kommies

Dec 6, 2004
because there isnt much to respond to the topic

what do you expect us to say?
agree? you are right?

as for Draper being on the first line, thats stupid
to fill in grit, both bert and iginla can potentially fill the job
and they both can score better than draper, no idea why he is even on the team

Last edited:

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
vancouver_2010 said:
as for Draper being on the first line, thats stupid
to fill in grit, both bert and iginla can potentially fill the job
and they both can score and better than draper, no idea why he is even on the team

Maybe he slept with Pat Quinn?

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
trippy, what exactly do i have to do to make scarlet's dress reveal even more?

is it doctored at all? i remember seeing pics of her at the golden globes, but wow...that's the best of the lot.

Kesler Kills Kommies

Dec 6, 2004
deathbear said:
that'd be a good start.
ok, i agree than

but you cant deny that fans gives respond like that is because they care about the team and feel disappointed that they arent playing up to expectations

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
deathbear said:
trippy, what exactly do i have to do to make scarlet's dress reveal even more?

is it doctored at all? i remember seeing pics of her at the golden globes, but wow...that's the best of the lot.

Nope, it's right out of those pics from the Globes.

Have you seen the video of the guy squeezing her breast on the red carpet? :amazed:

millions

Feb 8, 2006
Sorry Deathbear, won't be doing anything to your eyebrows...

However, I liked what you said...you seem like you enjoy the simpler times of when players need to play and be accountable. Coaching is an important without a doubt, but we are talking about the best of the best. Granted, some of the lines have not gelled, but there is still some grace period...

The one thing I have not seen (or heard) is who is the leadership in the dressing room? I have heard the announcers talking about some of the other underachieving teams in that way (playing as individuals and thereby losing). As I see it, Canada is certainly in that group...

There is a HUGE amount of pressure on Canada to perform, and they just started skaing together. Unfortunately, I can agree, the team has taken an inordinate amount of time to create even one line that can dominate. If Canada performs badly, yes, the coaches will take the brunt, but as I see it, the rest of the world is just catching up.

You can't tell me four games in, the standings would be like this. In the medal round, the best is yet to come...

Lets just enjoy it because however much one complains, the teams are what they are...(I just don't want to see any more injuries).

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
absolutely. i was screaming at the tv all afternoon.

but i also know everyone's trying their best individually, but aren't working together as a team. critiscm is the easiest thing in the world to do when things aren't going well. anyone can do it.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
millions said:
The one thing I have not seen (or heard) is who is the leadership in the dressing room? I have heard the announcers talking about some of the other underachieving teams in that way (playing as individuals and thereby losing). As I see it, Canada is certainly in that group...

Hey, you know what? This is something I haven't seen posted yet.

Everytime one of the players gets interviewed, they get asked "Who is really being vocal in the room, who's taking the lead and voicing their opinion?" etc. etc.

And everytime the player responds...they kind of look around speechless...and eventually say...

"Well...you know...I think everyone is...yada yada...everyone's doing their part" and then they just kind of trail off and wait for another question. St. Louis did it today, Pronger did it yesterday.

And it just sounds like total ********.

I don't think anyone is taking the lead in there. I think they're sitting there with their head in their hands in silence and just hoping it'll all come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->