WJC: Members of Team Russia kicked out of their flight

Humphrey*

The source said airport workers were called to clean up vomit in the airport's bathrooms.

"They were definitely intoxicated, that's for sure," Hall said. "They were so drunk they had to carry a couple of the guys onto the bus."

Hall said the ride to the airport was raucous, with Russian players honking the bus horn. He said after unloading the team's equipment at the airport around 4 a.m., he had to wait around because one of the players had difficulty leaving the bus.

"I was glad to get rid of them," Hall said.

lololololol

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/world-juniors/article303914.ece

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Haha, this just adds to the memories for the Russians. Years from now they will probably be talking about this little adventure just as much as the tourney. My best memories are the ones with the fellas, and all the stupid/fun stuff we did off the ice.

0123456789*

How dumb this all seems..you can serve your country and die at 17 years old:shakehead, but god forbid you have a drink before your 21. Growing up in south wales dad every once in a while gave us a little beer. But look how big we have become that we can throw some one off a plan cause they appear to be drunk, or even are drunk. What were they going to do, take over the plane? What were the pilots jealous that they could not be drunk?:help: Way to go buffalo.

Not in Russia.
Flight attendants initially ignored passengers' complaints and threatened to expel them from the Boeing 767 jet unless they stopped "making trouble". As the rebellion spread, Aeroflot representatives boarded the aircraft to try to calm down the 300 passengers.

One sought to reassure them by announcing that it was "not such a big deal" if the pilot was drunk because the aircraft practically flew itself.

Mr Cheplevsky did little to ease passengers' fears by refusing to leave the cockpit to show that he was sober. When he was finally persuaded to face them, witnesses said that he appeared unsteady on his feet and had bloodshot eyes.

"I don't think there's anyone in Russia who doesn't know what a drunk person looks like," Katya Kushner, one of the passengers, told the Moscow Times, which had a reporter travelling on the flight.

"At first, he was looking at us like we were crazy. Then, when we wouldn't back down, he said 'I'll sit here quietly in a corner. We have three more pilots. I won't even touch the controls, I promise'."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article5651516.ece

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
If these where Canadians drinking, everyone would be like OMG. Classless Canucks.

Does anyone on these boards think that when the Canadians win, they don't drink? And when it is held in the States....they are all underage. The diffence is probably that Canada, with the "entourage" that comes to every WJT hosts a party for them, and parents etc. so they are not out in the public etc. They also probably would not be booked on a flight so early, as they do not have as long a travel schedule.
Every team that has ever won this tournament, I am sure has gone out and "celebrated", this is nothing new except Delta kicked them out.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
If these where Canadians drinking, everyone would be like OMG. Classless Canucks.

At least the Russians were classy enough to drink in private.;)

womens_hockey1.jpg

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I searched long and hard for the clip from Red October where Sean Connery says "Let them shing!". Couldn't find it, unfortunately.

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza
They deserved to enjoy the win. However, these things can look bad to people on the outside.

Yes, unlike the Bud Light-Americans, and the politically correct Canadians - in terms of Hockey that is, thus no drinking besides water - Europeans (especially Russians :D) know how to party it up. But I am sure NHL scouts and agents do not approve of this - even If they would like to. They have to look after themselves. But nothing is gonna happen. Its just a celebration, in an orderly Russian fashion. ;)

I have heard that Canadians know how to party but I just haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
and none of our girls puked. But really a 6am flight after a gold medal win was probably no a good idea for who ever was booking flights for the Russian team.

they need to get home for Christmas.

Humphrey*

and none of our girls puked. But really a 6am flight after a gold medal win was probably no a good idea for who ever was booking flights for the Russian team.
I'd be willing to bet a few did.

jaana

Jan 25, 2009
Tallinn
eh, it sucks they won't make it home for christmas :(
should've booked a different plane for sure

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
Good for them, I'm glad they are having such a blast, they earned it (although I don't envy anyone having to deal with them throwing up. lol) I hope they make it home for Friday as I understand that's Christmastime in Russia.

Incidentally, I just read the Buffalo News article and noted that every other article I have read in that paper re the tournament has had zero comments but that one got several, one of the first ones was an American questioning whether the flight crew was Canadian based. lol I highly doubt that, Delta is not a Canadian company and I don't think that would happen even if they were. They won fair and square, they deserved the gold and many Canadians have said so.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
I wanna know how many bottles of vodka were consumed :laugh:.

You know,
It depends on the size of the bottle, but I'm sure it's something like one bottle per person = about 20-30 :cheers:

PS: Do you know that vodka in Slavic languages means something like small water (diminutive of the word water). :laugh:

Man, what a hangover...

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Your preachin to the choir buddy. Even being over 21 I still think its to high. 19 is the Age I think it should be.

21 is fine. it's 19 in ontario, and looking back i think thats a little too young. still very immature when your that young to be drinking.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
they need to get home for Christmas.

That´s a good point, I guess not many people realize that Orthodox Christmas is two weeks later. However it´s not like the other countries players didn´t miss Christmas at home as they were in the US in the days prior to the tournament already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad