WJC: Members of Team Russia kicked out of their flight

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Good for them. It still makes absolutely no sense to fly out the night they won. Yeah, they have teams to get back to...whatever. They could wait an extra day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
you think anyone cares about this?

I don't, who hasn't gone underage drinking?

A group of kids from a professional organization (let alone government-funded), under their watch no less - being kicked off a plane for something you could be potentially be arrested and withheld overnight for (public intoxication), that's something that probably wouldn't sit well with a lot of people. Namely, parents.

Humphrey*

I don't, who hasn't gone underage drinking?

A group of kids from a professional organization (let alone government-funded), under their watch no less - being kicked off a plane for something you could be potentially be arrested and withheld overnight for (public intoxication), that's something that probably wouldn't sit well with a lot of people. Namely, parents.
You are being dramatic. Anyway, if you are concerned that parents everywhere are disgusted with the Russians then fine.

Mythras

Feb 23, 2010
Parents here, maybe, but since the drinking age is 18 in Russia, no one cares over there, and those are the only people the Russian Junior team would really worry about

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Considering that a U-20 tournament is a tournament of kids under the age of 20 (when drinking age in the US is 21), yeah it can.

Whatever. The US is behind the entire world in it's age of majority and drinking stance. It's a big reason why binge drinking among College aged kids is a much bigger issue there than anywhere else. I for one am glad the guys had fun.

Humphrey*

ha, the "distrubance" at the airport happened at 6 am. the Russians probably hadn't even slept yet. who's idea was this early morning flight?

Humphrey*

I'm guessing someone who hadn't expected the team to have anything to celebrate about.
well yeah, but after they won last night perhaps someone should have had the foresight to think "hmmmm, we may want to get a later flight. like, perhaps one on Friday cuz these kids are gonna be hammered."

nafsregnar27

Jul 31, 2010
Central California
Its tottaly expected though. The American and the Canadians if they won would've drank aswell.

The Americans should really lower their drinking age. 21 is much too high.

If they did that, then Americans kids would have no reason to go to Canada anymore:naughty:

Anyways, they deserved to celebrate but kicking them off the flight is too much.

Humphrey*

If these where Canadians drinking, everyone would be like OMG. Classless Canucks.
well thank god it wasn't Canadians that were drinking.

Um why can't they be arrested? They don't get special treatment for being hockey players.
athletes do get special treatment. this isn't a recent revelation. combine that with the fact that they just played the biggest game of their life 8 hours ago and most people will be inclined to give them a break.

Turboflex*

The Buffalo cops for sure let it slide, cuz those Russian boys stuck it to all drunken idiot Canadian fans they've been dealing with for 2 weeks.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
so they were kicked of for being drunk, not for being disorderly or anything?

I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to board a flight if you are visibly intoxicated.

This is basically the exact same thing I'd do at that age in that situation. You put me with a big group of guys around my age and give us one hell of a reason to celebrate... we're all getting trashed. It's what (most) 17-19 yr old kids do. Congrats :handclap:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Considering that a U-20 tournament is a tournament of kids under the age of 20 (when drinking age in the US is 21), yeah it can.

I'm sure they scooted across the border and partied it up in Niagara Falls, ON where the drinking age is 19. :laugh:

These kids deserve to let loose and celebrate a historic comeback and a hell of a victory! Good on them!

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Wait... underage hockey players drinking in Buffalo...

Did someone make sure all of the cab drivers are ok?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad