Melrose expects season annoucement tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

yeah, he's just guessing. He hasen't talked to anyone. Close this thread.

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
he had to of talked to someone. or did he say that is was purely speculation on his part???

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Start a season, cancel a season, it's all good. It's the NHL & NHLPA dickin' around routine that I don't like.

PredsFan77*

Nich said:
he had to of talked to someone. or did he say that is was purely speculation on his part???

he talked to Bettman's dog and the dog said that there would be a season, along with where Jimmy Hoffa's body can be found

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
PredsFan77 said:
he talked to Bettman's dog and the dog said that there would be a season, along with where Jimmy Hoffa's body can be found

That explains how Bettman's dog seems to have a secret supply of bones.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Melrose on ESPN news just said that he thinks if the league won't budge off $42.2 mill and come closer to $45 mill, he thinks the league never meant to have a deal and just wanted to break the union

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Levitate said:
Melrose on ESPN news just said that he thinks if the league won't budge off $42.2 mill and come closer to $45 mill, he thinks the league never meant to have a deal and just wanted to break the union

For that to have ANY teeth - the NHLPA needs to OFFER $45MM and then the NHL needs to reject it. If they flat out reject the NHL's offer with no counter, then the NHLPA is who is going to have to do the explaining. Until then, they aren't $3MM apart... they're $12MM apart - big difference.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
$10 mill apart actually

but yes, the NHLPA has to respond to this with a counter offer and not sit on their asses and pout

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday on the same show, he said he was pessimistic and was expecting cancellation. Now a lot has changed since then, but he's still just guessing.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Levitate said:
$10 mill apart actually

but yes, the NHLPA has to respond to this with a counter offer and not sit on their asses and pout

But more than that really, as each team can cross the thresehold by 10% 3 times out of 6....

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah, i expect that's a pretty easy to drop barginning point (if the league bargins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad