Meloche Traded

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Seems a bit early to pull the plug on this guy. Hopefully is does not become Boychuck 2.0.

What is the scouting report on Bibeau?

Last edited:
Reactions: arun

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
giphy.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Seems a bit early to pull the plug on this guy. Hopefully is does not because Boychuck 2.0.

What is the scouting report on Bibeau?

Meh... Pretty standard for the Avs.

This would have been his 3rd year of pro hockey with the Avs and he'd shown nothing to suggest he was close to ready. Combined with the acquisition of Rosen and emergence of Rosen and Timmins as NHL level Dmen already as well as the fact the Avs just aren't a patient organization and it makes a tonne of sense.

Best of luck to Meloche. This solves the Avs goaltending concerns in a way, although Bibeau wouldn't have been my first choice for the #3G spot but he does have some NHL experience should bad situations present themselves.

Reactions: Ryan Pat80

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Seems a bit early to pull the plug on this guy. Hopefully is does not become Boychuck 2.0.

He lost his spot here. There was a bottom pairing RHD slot open on this club going into training camp, it was there for the taking. But he got noticeably outplayed by a guy who hadn't placed a game of hockey in a year. That sort of sealed his fate.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Can't wait for the "We are not men! We are BIBEAU!!!" references.

Seriously though...his numbers don't look all that great in the minors. This is supposed to be the AHL starter...?

Totally understand why Meloche was dealt, but this now renders the 2015 draft class (apart from that Finnish kid who remains unsigned) a bust. And as I have said, 2016 ain't lookin' that good either. Hepple had better have hit some ground-rule doubles in the last 2-3 draft because his first two are not looking good at all.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Seriously though...his numbers don't look all that great in the minors. This is supposed to be the AHL starter...?

Totally understand why Meloche was dealt, but this now renders the 2015 draft class (apart from that Finnish kid who remains unsigned) a bust. And as I have said, 2016 ain't lookin' that good either. Hepple had better have hit some ground-rule doubles in the last 2-3 draft because his first two are not looking good at all.

Oh, the Avs' drafting is a complete disgrace. Kind of mind blowing to me that there have not been serious changes. It's been a decade of utterly raging incompetence since that '09 draft (not that it was outstanding before that either...). Their non-top 10 1st rounders since '09 have been Siemens, Bleackley, Kaut, and Newhook, so they better hope the latter two turn out since the first two spectacularly busted. And their 2nd rounders have been Pickard, Heard, Bigras, Greer, Meloche, Morrison, Timmins, and Helleson...so again, they better hope to hell the latter two turn out, since there's a bunch of busts amongst the rest there. That's not even looking around rounds 3-7 where you'd have hoped they'd have found a few guys over the last 10 years.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

I really had to google that one even if I’m old enough to get it.

Reactions: Pokecheque

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Sharks fan coming in peace. Bibeau seemed like a guy ready to push for our backup spot but really proved he wasn’t going to do that anytime soon. We also have a backlog of goalies so it made sense to move him for our younger guys. What’s the report on Meloche? I remember liking him in his draft year

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Timmins did this, consider that a positive. Would've prefered us just claiming a goalie on waivers.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Bibeau's statline last year: 35 starts, 30.22 SA/60, 0.543 QS%, 5 RBS, 0.974 GSAA, and 0.028 GSAA/30

He was great two years ago but was outplayed last year by AHL rookie Josef Korenar. On the plus side Bibeau took the tougher assignments/workload. Problem is he ended up as an average goalie on an above average team. The difference between Bibeau/Martin isn't that big when you take into account team differences. I'd have no issues with moving Meloche for a decent no. 3 goalie however their target was certainly questionable. Grab McNiven from Montreal, Ottawa has three goalies vying for AHL ice time, there's Forsberg in Carolina, Alex Lyon in Philly, etc. Let's stop trading with San Jose.

Timmins did this, consider that a positive. Would've prefered us just claiming a goalie on waivers.

Claiming a goalie would have forced the Avs to run with three in the NHL. Would not have helped the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad