#Melnykout/The Melnyk problem

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So if someone wanted to buy the team would EM insist they take the CTC too? If so, what would the building cost? If a new owner took over, they probably wouldn’t want to own the CTC if Lebreton was on the horizon. Would EM want the CTC without the Sens?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So if someone wanted to buy the team would EM insist they take the CTC too? If so, what would the building cost? If a new owner took over, they probably wouldn’t want to own the CTC if Lebreton was on the horizon. Would EM want the CTC without the Sens?
That’s a scary thought if Melnyk has the CTC and prevents the Sens from playing in it. That would probably be the only way a sale results in relocation.

Doesn’t seem too profitable on his end though.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
That’s a scary thought if Melnyk has the CTC and prevents the Sens from playing in it. That would probably be the only way a sale results in relocation.

The team goes full circle and plays in the Civic Centre (not sure what it’s called now) before moving to Lebreton

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Thats actually not that depressing. To me it means he's getting offers. I don't care if he's interested really, he won't have a choice at some point.

Edit: I agree with this guy

I'm actually more hopeful than I was yesterday.
I mean, I wouldn't expect Melnyk to text Ian Mendes, the same media he was trashing a couple months ago and say "yes Ian I'm actively in the throws of a deep negotiation in regards to the sale of the team."

He slipped up using "worthwhile" he's listening to offers.

I guess PD learned from him or vice versa... not shopping, just listening.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
And we already know there is not enough haters to make any impact on attendance, that would bring it to the tipping point where the owner decides he's had enough.

Things could change, but right now there's more supporters of the team (not the owner like you'll try to imply) than haters.
Exactly which portion of the fan base are you judging as “haters”? The ones who are tired of the mismanagement of our beloved franchise? People who are standing up to again be proud of our team? The ones who would love to see one of the best players in the league be re-signed?

Ps: please read my post 3 times before replying in an effort to fully grasp it and not twist it around or put words in my mouth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensung and Deku

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

That make so sense whatsoever.

Why would he refuse to allow the Senators to play, pay rent, for 40 plus nights a year?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
That make so sense whatsoever.

Why would he refuse to allow the Senators to play, pay rent, for 40 plus nights a year?
He most likely would if that was the case (it probably wouldn’t be profitable otherwise).

Just something I could see him wanting to do out of spite if he’s forced to sell the team. But anyways it’s probably a moot point, nobody is buying the team without certainty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad