#Melnykout/The Melnyk problem

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Something has to give before the puck drops next season. I predict something will happen by then to improve the situation. I can’t believe the league will allow this tire fire to burn uncontrollably much longer as it affects everyone including their brand. Until then, not much to do except to cozy up to the fire and toast marshmallows!

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Of course, the boycott needs to be planned and executed in a manner that makes it clear the fans support the Sens, but want #Melnykout.

Someone should make this an organized effort. If we get enough people down in front of the arena with signs and in Sens jerseys on the home opener, with barely any asses in the seats, it would be a tremendous display to the league that the city has passionate fans that desperately crave a functional NHL team.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Someone should make this an organized effort. If we get enough people down in front of the arena with signs and in Sens jerseys on the home opener, with barely any asses in the seats, it would be a tremendous display to the league that the city has passionate fans that desperately crave a functional NHL team.
Wait until they lowball and then trade EK. That is the spark that will set off the powder keg.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Something tells me that would make him less likely to sell.

The guy seems almost sociopathic with his pride and it wouldn't surprise me if he holds on just so he doesn't get a hostile goodbye.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Wait until they lowball and then trade EK. That is the spark that will set off the powder keg.

I really think the path that we heard towards really revolves around this. If we keep EK, people will be disgruntled but won't be fedup, and support may lower a bit but it won't be drastic. If EK leaves, as you said, powder keg.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dave Lozo is such a clown. Stupid looking man with a stupid face. He's been an anti-Ottawa guy for years. Just hates the team.

I like lozo. He’s good for a laugh but I wouldn’t take any of his content seriously.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I really think the path that we heard towards really revolves around this. If we keep EK, people will be disgruntled but won't be fedup, and support may lower a bit but it won't be drastic. If EK leaves, as you said, powder keg.
A part of me wants that powder keg to go off, but a part of me knows that we probably won’t see a player like Karl in this organization for a looooong time.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
A part of me wants that powder keg to go off, but a part of me knows that we probably won’t see a player like Karl in this organization for a looooong time.

Try never. He's one of the best players in the history of hockey. Franchises not named Pittsburgh get one of those in their entire history.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

Happy times

Thats actually not that depressing. To me it means he's getting offers. I don't care if he's interested really, he won't have a choice at some point.

Edit: I agree with this guy

I'm actually more hopeful than I was yesterday.
I mean, I wouldn't expect Melnyk to text Ian Mendes, the same media he was trashing a couple months ago and say "yes Ian I'm actively in the throws of a deep negotiation in regards to the sale of the team."

He slipped up using "worthwhile" he's listening to offers.

Last edited:

nhlfan79

Feb 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Based on what I recall about Atlanta moving to Winnipeg, the only reason it happened was because the NHL and Atlanta ownership had thoroughly exhausted any and all possibilities of keeping the team in Atlanta. Once it was accepted that there were no potential owners who were able to keep the team in Atlanta, that's when the NHL allowed ownership bids that included relocation to jump in.

Not true. Atlanta's ownership never meaningfully attempted to find someone interested in keeping the Thrashers here, as they wanted the team out of their building from day one. There were multiple, credible people/groups interested in buying all three assets (Hawks, Thrashers, arena), but Atlanta Spirit Group had entered into a sham exclusivity agreement with John Moores, the former owner of the San Diego Padres, for the sale of the Hawks and arena, which prevented anyone from being able to buy all three and effectively isolated the Thrashers for relocation. Not coincidentally, that exclusivity agreement ended the day the Thrashers were sold to True North. Beyond that, ASG made it clear it was unwilling to negotiate lease terms with any Thrashers-only prospective buyer, leaving them with no place to play even if a buyer wanted to keep them here.

The NHL did nothing to step in and thwart ASG's malfeasance. My opinion is that the league preferred to sacrifice Atlanta if it resulted in ASG going away. The league didn't want to get sued by those clowns.

Atlanta Spirit Enters Exclusive Negotiations For Hawks With John Moores

Last edited:
Reactions: thinkwild

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It is clearly up to the fanbase to ensure Melnyk is forced out.

And we already know there is not enough haters to make any impact on attendance, that would bring it to the tipping point where the owner decides he's had enough.

Things could change, but right now there's more supporters of the team (not the owner like you'll try to imply) than haters.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
And we already know there is not enough haters to make any impact on attendance, that would bring it to the tipping point where the owner decides he's had enough.

Things could change, but right now there's more supporters of the team (not the owner like you'll try to imply) than haters.
5500 season tickets lmao.

Reactions: Bileur

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

The Sens had their lowest attendace figures since 96-97.

They season ticket renewal has been an unmitigated disaster.

You have a penchant for voicing moronic opinions, but this is a stretch even for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad