Melnyk gone by July 1st 2019?

Will Eugene Melnyk still be the owner of the Sens on July 1st 2019?

• Total voters

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Are there any serious potential buyers? Does he have any reason to sell? He could just choose not to actively do anything. Just play golf and watch hockey. Stay out of the hockey side of running the business. That's what some owners do.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Are there any serious potential buyers? Does he have any reason to sell? He could just choose not to actively do anything. Just play golf and watch hockey. Stay out of the hockey side of running the business. That's what some owners do.
Yes re serious potential buyers.

He's chosen to name himself as CEO to avoid paying for someone else to do the job.

Every action he's taken recently is about saving money until a pending sale.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I think the Sens are stuck with him till he hits the grave kicking and screaming at the age of 95

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The negotiations are now going on through the press with both sides leaking and pressuring.

It WILL happen, it's just a matter of when. My money is on sooner than later.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Guess you missed the quote from Sens COO yesterday? Talk about burying your head in the sand.
Guess we'll see how it plays out. Just register your vote and we'll know which one of us is correct in a little over a year.

Feel free to take them at their word. Melnyk has a long history of fabrications and exaggerations but you could be right.

I'd describe what is currently going on as negotiating through the press and suggest that we are now down to when, not if, the sale takes place.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Selling a NHL team isn't an easy process and the new owner would have to be approved by the other owners. Can't force Melnyk to sell either.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Selling a NHL team isn't an easy process and the new owner would have to be approved by the other owners. Can't force Melnyk to sell either.
The fans can and will cut his revenue stream to a trickle.

If he wants to hold on to a diminishing asset, that is his prerogative, but if the fanbase rejects this owner what are the chances he forks over the money to build Lebreton Flats?

The fans are in a unique and powerful position. They will make this A hole pay.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
If I had the kind of money it takes to buy the Senators... I wouldn't. I'd spend it on something nice instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad