Speculation: Melnyk Breaking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Attendance is gonna be atrocious, man. I can't even grab a sandwich at Dagwoods for lunch without hearing people chatter about about how upset they are with the current state of the franchise.

All that we can hope is that Eug's plan involves selling sooner rather than later. I don't necessarily think trading EK means he's in for the long haul. EM seems like a pretty vindictive guy (see: what happened with Alfie), and if the rumors of him reaching out to EK in the summer and EK ignoring him are true, then he might have just impulsively said "get him off my team before training camp, I don't care what the return is".

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm not sure any decision he makes is an indication of how long he intends to own the team. It may be more of an indicator of which side of the bed he woke up on that day.

GoSensGo

Rest in Pieces 2018-19
May 3, 2007
Charlottetown PE
Attendance is gonna be atrocious, man. I can't even grab a sandwich at Dagwoods for lunch without hearing people chatter about about how upset they are with the current state of the franchise.

All that we can hope is that Eug's plan involves selling sooner rather than later. I don't necessarily think trading EK means he's in for the long haul. EM seems like a pretty vindictive guy (see: what happened with Alfie), and if the rumors of him reaching out to EK in the summer and EK ignoring him are true, then he might have just impulsively said "get him off my team before training camp, I don't care what the return is".

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I'm not sure any decision he makes is an indication of how long he intends to own the team. It may be more of an indicator of which side of the bed he woke up on that day.

Or who rose to the top of his s**tlist this morning.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

The rational person in me thinks he’s cutting as much costs as he can in order to get as much money out of the team as he can before he sells.

In reality, Melnyck is nuts and has no shame, so he could just hang in for a long time.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Seattle vote is in December and soon after his expansion money. Lets hope we get a Christmas gift and he sells.

I really think the only way this fan base truly gets back on board with the Sens is if he sells. Doesn't even matter how well we do. It will never erase the hate for him.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The less people that go to the games, the quicker he’s forced to sell. At some point (sooner) he will look at the team like a sinking investment, and at some point (later) he will no longer be able to afford that sinking investment.

He’ll sell quickly to save money, or hang on for a little longer and bleed out

Reactions: armani

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The less people that go to the games, the quicker he’s forced to sell. At some point (sooner) he will look at the team like a sinking investment, and at some point (later) he will no longer be able to afford that sinking investment.

Ok

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
He is bringing in new money, I have been saying this for months now, wait and see....something will come out soon, hopefully by EOM. He will not sell, he is bringing in new partners......plural.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Huh? You off payroll?

It may come as a revelation to you, but everyone that disagrees with your opinion is not necessarily on the payroll of EM. I've been fed up with EM increasing involvement with the hockey operations for quite a awhile now, but see no use in lowering myself to the blind rage that some posters have for him.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seattle vote is in December and soon after his expansion money. Lets hope we get a Christmas gift and he sells.

I really think the only way this fan base truly gets back on board with the Sens is if he sells. Doesn't even matter how well we do. It will never erase the hate for him.

Eugene Melnyk took the floor at the Board of Governors meeting this week in New York City, I’m told he gave an impassioned speech about how he’s in Ottawa for the long haul despite what other governors and owners may have read in the media. He plans to be there for a long time and he said he ‘relishes the underdog role’ and he’s gonna be there long enough for the Senators to turn around.”

Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman said during Saturday Headlines on HNIC

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

The Senators, or what you're calling a sinking investment, that was valued at 420 million US last year, is what gave his RLG the edge on the Lebreton Flats redevelopment bidding process with the NCC.

He says in in for the long game, and with millions, perhaps billions to be made over a couple of decades building a selling condos and whatever at Lebreton Flats, he would be foolish to bail after receiving an expansion fee in the next year or two.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lebreton is going to cost more to run and if no one is going he will lose more money. I think part of the deal is he is trying to include the CTC and land around but nobody wants that $#!+.

Just what do you mean when you say "Lebreton is going to cost more to run"?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You know what is awesome, every single time I post that link which is full of audited public information the defenders just totally ignore it and go silent.

sorry Harris. . I'll call bs.

the last time I saw you posted that article, which is from 6 years ago, I suggested you go read more about the panthers. ya I read the article. it is a journalist's article and he has a particular opinion.

there is a ton of more current information available to read about the panthers.

reading that information, which isn't written by a journalist but is rather public municipal information and therefore factual, should leave you with a different perspective. it is doesn't, feel free to reach with questions and I'll try to explain the information to you.

hopefully my response is clear enough for you and you take me up on the invitation to do some further reading.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
EM won't sell before:
* he gets his share of the dough from Seattle's franchise fee.
* a solid plan for Lebreton is in place which will ultimately raise the value of the franchise.

If the franchise continues to fizzle as season ticket holders and walk up buyers stay home, it will be necessary to bring in new financial partners with shares in the team IMO.

It is the old "finger in the dike" scenario!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It mat come as a revelation to you, but everyone that disagrees with your opinion is not necessarily on the payroll of EM. I've been fed up with EM increasing involvement with the hockey operations for quite a awhile now, but see no use in lowering myself to the blind rage that some posters have for him.
Then why do you keep defending him?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Just what do you mean when you say "Lebreton is going to cost more to run"?
Seeing how he outright owns the land in Kanata and will be leasing it in Lebreton is one. To impress people at the new venue is going to require more cash too. Losing out on tickets would definitely make a bigger hit to his bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad