TSN: Mellanby linked to possible Las Vegas GM job?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if this will be considered tampering. I believe LV prospective owner said something like "we already know who are GM will be". Have to figure they wouldn't know that without speaking with them, which they can't while he's under contract (without permission, which is usually reported).

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Well looks like we are going to be stuck with Mellanby :shakehead

and this is a problem why?

Not a single person on this board (including myself) knows anything about his contribution to the management team, and yet, there's a whole bashing thread in his honor...brilliant HF Boards, you've really outdone yourself this time!

Moderators or site managers should change this site's name from HFBoard to HFBashing...really more appropriate!

Unreal!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dude it's enough compensation to be shedding one of the clowns from the front office.

Doesn't matter. Bergevin is just going to replace him with another one of his friends whose only credentials need to be played hockey with MB at one time. At least we could've gotten a 2nd out of it! :laugh:

Not any more.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Unfortunately, because teams were being *******s about it. The NHL didn't expect that compensation would be required on fired personnel, which was happening. Vancouver getting a 2nd for Torts is a ****ing joke, and I think that was it for the NHL.

If Mellanby does become GM of Las Vegas Habs should get no compensation because he is getting a promotion. If Mellanby goes to LV as an assistant GM then Habs should be compensated because it's a sideways move and Habs are losing talent to another organization.

That is what the compensation rules were supposed to be about. Instead, we got fired coaches getting teams a 2nd. :rant:

The rules were supposed to be about guys getting promotions too... which was fine... Mellanby still has a job in montreal, and theoretically is still of use to the organization (how much is a debate for other people to have, and at another time).

The fired coach thing was ******** though, you're 100% right about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->