Speculation: Mega-Thread: Jack Eichel, Part II

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Ill start.

Why a mega thread and why all these incessant Eichel trade offers? Did I miss something? As far as I can tell he's not for trade, and is probably a top 5 overall asset in terms of value. Why exactly is Buffalo trading him?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Why?There are ~7 other Eichel threads anyway? What's the point of a "mega" thread?
And why are we continuing anyway when there's a 0.00% chance he's being traded?

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ill start.

Why a mega thread and why all these incessant Eichel trade offers? Did I miss something? As far as I can tell he's not for trade, and is probably a top 5 overall asset in terms of value. Why exactly is Buffalo trading him?

There are rumors, he's "tired from losing". It can mean nothing, of course, but it can mean something as well. That's why all those threads.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There are rumors, he's "tired from losing". It can mean nothing, of course, but it can mean something as well. That's why all those threads.
By rumor you mean the guy saying he's upset with losing (because clearly not being happy about losing is a bad trait for any athlete) and people extrapolating a bunch of fantasies over it right? Ever notice the fantasists leave out minor details such as the fact that he constantly gushes with praise and admiration for Ralph Kreuger which might suggest he is in no way looking for the exit?

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
By rumor you mean the guy saying he's upset with losing (because clearly not being happy about losing is a bad trait for any athlete) and people extrapolating a bunch of fantasies over it right? Ever notice the fantasists leave out minor details such as the fact that he constantly gushes with praise and admiration for Ralph Kreuger which might suggest he is in no way looking for the exit?

It also looks like Buffalo won't get a competent roster anytime soon.

Reactions: Go Wings

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Who said being mad about losing is a bad trait? What people are saying is that being mad about losing while playing for an organization that IS losing and has been losing for the entirety of a player's career, and even a couple years before that, is frustrating. Players have short windows for careers and to get stuck on a team that has zero chance to make the playoffs every year, that fires GMs and coaches every 2 or 3 years and that seems to have no direction right now other than saving $ might make a player want to leave.

I'm sure Jack likes Ralph, guess what, if the team is bad again 1/2 way through next season (whenever that is) Krueger will be gone like all the guys before him. Jack can be loyal to his coach but also be looking out for his own career. You better believe that if they don't get better soon that he'll want to go someplace to win.

Because, like you said, wanting to win is a good trait for an athlete.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Who said being mad about losing is a bad trait? What people are saying is that being mad about losing while playing for an organization that IS losing and has been losing for the entirety of a player's career, and even a couple years before that, is frustrating. Players have short windows for careers and to get stuck on a team that has zero chance to make the playoffs every year, that fires GMs and coaches every 2 or 3 years and that seems to have no direction right now other than saving $ might make a player want to leave.

I'm sure Jack likes Ralph, guess what, if the team is bad again 1/2 way through next season (whenever that is) Krueger will be gone like all the guys before him. Jack can be loyal to his coach but also be looking out for his own career. You better believe that if they don't get better soon that he'll want to go someplace to win.

Could not have said it better myself.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

You are aware Ralph is under long term contract and that the Pegulas would sooner jab a fork in an electrical outlet than pay a guy to sit at home right? Ralph isn't going anywhere, Jack isn't going anywhere, this thread is a giant trolling exercise.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You are aware Ralph is under long term contract and that the Pegulas would sooner jab a fork in an electrical outlet than pay a guy to sit at home right? Ralph isn't going anywhere, Jack isn't going anywhere, this thread is a giant trolling exercise.
2 years is long term? Really?

You are aware that the Pegulas fired:
Ted Nolan with 2 years remaining on his contract.
Dan Bylsma with 3 years left remaining on his contract.
Phil Housley with 1 year remaining on his contract

All 3 guys paid to sit at home.

No wonder your team blows so much... the owners must be brain dead after electrocuting themselves so much.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I can't stand all the posters saying 100% he won't be moved. Have you not watched long enough to know how wrong you are?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
2 years is long term? Really?

You are aware that the Pegulas fired:
Ted Nolan with 2 years remaining on his contract.
Dan Bylsma with 3 years left remaining on his contract.
Phil Housley with 1 year remaining on his contract

All 3 guys paid to sit at home.

No wonder your team blows so much... the owners must be brain dead after electrocuting themselves so much.
They literally just fired everyone in the organization except Sabretooth to save money because, you know, the world has kinda changed and they ain't paying people to stay home anymore. This thread is identical to the garbage threads that pop up "speculating" about certain franchises being relocated filled with salivating vultures.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They literally just fired everyone in the organization except Sabretooth to save money because, you know, the world has kinda changed and they ain't paying people to stay home anymore. This thread is identical to the garbage threads that pop up "speculating" about certain franchises being relocated filled with salivating vultures.
Right...
jason-botterill.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Name a player of this level under long term contract being traded in the post cap era.

Rick Nash is probably the closest example. Nash was about a 35 goal, 65 point player signed long term at $7.8 million when he was traded.

Eichel only gets traded if he demands a trade, and I don't think Eichel is at that point yet. I think he likes Krueger as his coach.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Name your source saying Eichel requested a trade and is ready to sit out if he doesn't get it. Oh you don't have one? Then we're right back to reality: 0.00% chance Eichel will be moved.

What are you even talking about? When did I say he requested a trade?

I said if they don't start winning soon, that he'll want to go someplace else. I didn't say he'd sit out.

And your math skills are a little off since you clearly don't understand what 0% means.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just saw the Eichel for Kuznetsov and Orlov. My guess is that Buffalo being forced to trade Eichel would want start over pieces. That said, Orlov was disrespected in ways I understand but would like to set the record straight. Orlov is an elite, minutes leading, shutdown pair, pp qb defenseman. He is a dynamic player. Its easily missed by fans outside of Washington that his role doesn't allow for much of that to be shown.

Were Orlov playing on a team that could use a left shot defenseman at the top of their pp1, Orlov would be an all star. As it happens he plays for the Capitals who cant use a left shot player in that spot. He has been on the shutdown pair in recent years where its always defense first. When he was not his evp/60 was near the top of the league. Because of Ovechkin Orlov just doesn't get to show what he can do very often. But a couple of quick video examples.

Reactions: johnsic

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Name a player of this level under long term contract being traded in the post cap era.

If you are looking for a 100% perfect comparable, you probably won't find one. Don't deal in absolutes.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Heatley after he requested a trade (Twice). He had 5 or 6 years left and was averaging 45 goals per year in his four seasons with OTT prior to being dealt.

The only way Eichel gets dealt is if it’s at his request. Without a NMC/NTC, every team would be throwing offers at Buffalo.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Ill start.

There’s no rumours, despite what someone above has said. He’s pissed about losing, so people see that and think “ROR 2: electric boogaloo”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad