Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
OTTSENS said:
In which city do you think the press conference to annonce the end

of the lockout will be held Toronto or New York? I say New York.

NY 100%, Media captial of the world. No doubt at all...it will be held in NYC.

SPARTAKUS*

Battousai said:
I think the better question is "Will he be there when the deal is signed?". ;)
That's a very good question. I would say yes only because he will

be "force" by his employer (the players) to sign it. But make no

mistake BG is not in the leader of the pack anymore he's been

replace by Linden. And thank God for that. Trevor Linden and the

players knows what's at stake.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

King_Brown said:
Not a good sign that Ted Saskins did not report progress.
Because he's been sweetness and light all along, right?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Chock Full Of Booger said:
Because he's been sweetness and light all along, right?
That, and any sort of progress towards a CBA (like Daly alluded to) consists of steps backwards for the 'PA.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Well apparently the did decide what to do when a team trades a player and picks up some of that salary

RANGERS, CAPS TO SHARE JAGR'S SALARY CAP CHARGE

June 3, 2005 -- The NHL will split the post-rollback annual $8.36M salary cap charge on Jaromir Jagr's contract equally between the Rangers and Caps, executive sources have told The Post.

Sources yesterday confirmed that the terms of the Jan. 23, 2004 trade that brought Jagr to New York from Washington stipulate that the Rangers and Caps are each responsible for paying half of No. 68's salary. Which means that after the 24-percent contract rollback that will become part of the new CBA, Jagr will cost Glen Sather's team only $4.18M per against cap, an entirely reasonable amount, after all.

Gary Bettman's league-endorsed plan to assess teams according to the percentage of contracts they are actually paying, also means that the Caps will start at $11.225M under the cap, with Olaf Kolzig as the team's only bona fide NHL player under contract. It is not known how many other teams will be affected by similar assessments under prior trades.

Full Story: http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/24754.htm

KOVALEV10*

I havent read anything in this thread or any other thread related to the lockout but judging by those meetings, the aftermath, rumours, sources, etc does it look good? When do you think a deal will get done? Are we close or what.. any info would be greatly appreciated.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
OTTSENS said:
Will BG be there when they have the PC???

BG will be in NYC for the PC of the signing of the CBA all while listening to the NBA Finals on ESPN Radio...then he will go home and watch TV, namely the following channels: NBC, ABC, UPN, CBS, MSNBC, CNN

*for those who don't get it: I made a joke with the numerous abbreviations/accronyms(spelling?)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad