Meeting Complete - Goodenow/bettman Joining Talks Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
BREAKING NEWS

Unconfirmed... but heres something.

James Cybulski, a reporter on the Score has just learned that NHLPA Boss, Bob Goodenow is ON HIS WAY TO THE MEETINGS. He is expected to arrive within the hour.

I'm sorry, there are no links. Its just James talking over the phone as I type this, saying this is happening.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Scugs said:
BREAKING NEWS

James Cybulski, a reporter on the Score has just learned that NHLPA Boss, Bob Goodenow is ON HIS WAY TO THE MEETINGS. He is expected to arrive within the hour.

I'm sorry, there are no links. Its just James talking over the phone as I type this, saying this is happening.
Thanks for the news
That's good news I guess

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
VAN-HAB said:
Thanks for the news
That's good news I guess

I'm not sure how to take it. Either Goodenow has been forced aside behind the scenes (him not being involved in the past few weeks of meetings at all).....Gary B was reportedly at at least one...Or Bob G is showing up to formally reject the offer. I don't see him being one to show up to formally accept the fact that the owners are getting what he said he would never accept.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
nomorekids said:
This just confirmed:

Since I live only 30 minutes from these meetings, I'm going to head over there to juggle some bowling pins, wax my moustache and wear a boater's cap!

link?

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Scugs said:
BREAKING NEWS

You know what? If he's going to the meeting, I bet that means that there can no longer be much doubt that there will be a season.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
More unconfirmed reports from Mojo730AM... talks have broken off again. NHLPA rejected the offer, Goodenow on his way to NY.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Mojo 640 radio is reporting that the meetings are over.

Saskin said that the NHL proposal was a minor variation of what was already talked about and did not provide a basis for negotiating a deal.

But they will be meeting again tommorow with Bettman and Goodenow present.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
nomorekids said:
This just confirmed:

Since I live only 30 minutes from these meetings, I'm going to head over there to juggle some bowling pins, wax my moustache and wear a boater's cap!
How do you see this Helping ???

and

Don't you already do that Fridays and Saturdays normally?? ..Not that there is anything wrong with that ..

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
nomorekids said:
This just confirmed:

This will be not be considered a valid post until you post pictures as proof!......Mpeg's would be preferable.

Seriously, I need some entertainment.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Scugs said:
BREAKING NEWS

Any confirmation of the rumour that Sideshow Bob was heading over there with a baseball bat? It IS Jersey, after all. ;)

Time to rumble.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Bruins4419 said:
640 just had the NHLPA's statement saying they'll meet again tomorrow with Gary and Bob present at the meeting.

Gary and Bob...I don't know if I'm happy or sad...it'll be interesting--to say the least...

It's like watching Dumb and Dumber...I hope they both wear those crazy colourful suits...

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Son of Steinbrenner said:
I'm guessing the nhlpa rejected the aspects of the proposal that are unreasonable. (no holdouts, age of free agency, etc etc) got on the phone with goodenow and went back into the room with his ideas about what to tweak and what not to tweak. I have a feeling that the news at the end of the day willl be a meeting tommorow between bettman and goodenow.
you idiot had you know. :joker:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Son of Steinbrenner said:
I'm guessing the nhlpa rejected the aspects of the proposal that are unreasonable. (no holdouts, age of free agency, etc etc) got on the phone with goodenow and went back into the room with his ideas about what to tweak and what not to tweak. I have a feeling that the news at the end of the day willl be a meeting tommorow between bettman and goodenow.

You called it dude. :bow: :bow:

Talk about clairvoyance... :yo:

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
hossy316 said:
Not good news IMO. Meeting will to be confirm cancellation of the season. :banghead:
Why would they announce together that the season would be cancelled, I think only Bettman would do that.

this can only mean good things.

Da Game

Jan 27, 2005
On an Island
I don't know why some are getting excited. The NHLPA is not going to against a Cap, and the NHL isn't going to move off it...

This is basically a game of Chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->