Meet Toronto's new #1 centre: Frederik Gauther

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Drafted last year in 2013, I think it's finally time to give this guy a shot. He might notknow how to speak english, but he is ripping up the QJMHL. If he can be our next Toews, he might be able to slot in as the #1 centre. Imagine these lines:

JVR-Gauthier-Kessel
Lupul-McClement-Clarkson
Raymond-Smithson-Kulemin
McLaren-McKegg-Orr

It's lacking, since Bird Seed Bolland is injured, Bozo the Clown is injured, and Nasty Nazem will be suspended 5+ games after his two dirty headshots... but this is the future. It's time to see what our 2013 draft pick stud is made of.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
We're not allowed to call up Gauthier after sending him back to Jr..

But after reading he is ripping the QMJHL, I looked at his stats - he isn't even the top player on his team, or at a PPG pace - there's a player on a 2+ PPG pace. That said, I know Gauthier isn't supposed to be an offensive superstar, and is a solid 2-way center, but he's not ready yet. Especially slotting him as a first line center. Kadri has more offensive upside than him.

On a sidenote, Drouin is lighting it up again without Mackinnon this time!

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'm actually slightly concerned that he hasn't taken a step offensively, looking more like a 3rd liner right now... which wouldn't be horrible. PPG in the quebec league is average it's a ridiculously high scoring league... Drouin has like 29 points in 15 games

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm actually slightly concerned that he hasn't taken a step offensively, looking more like a 3rd liner right now... which wouldn't be horrible. PPG in the quebec league is average it's a ridiculously high scoring league... Drouin has like 29 points in 15 games

The OHL has had more goals scored in the past few years than the QMJHL has.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
No need to worry about how someone represents your fan group. It's more embarrassing that you cringe over some stranger's opinion because it fails your test for sophistication and uniformity for a Leafs' fan because it might be mocked by some other strangers.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He was -2 last night and is not even at a PPG yet in the QMJHL. If he can be a #3C one day for us, this will be a victory.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
We're not allowed to call up Gauthier after sending him back to Jr..

But after reading he is ripping the QMJHL, I looked at his stats - he isn't even the top player on his team, or at a PPG pace - there's a player on a 2+ PPG pace. That said, I know Gauthier isn't supposed to be an offensive superstar, and is a solid 2-way center, but he's not ready yet. Especially slotting him as a first line center. Kadri has more offensive upside than him.

On a sidenote, Drouin is lighting it up again without Mackinnon this time!

In theory could call him up on an emergency basis...but yeah that's not going to happen, he's nowhere near ready. He'll be in junior again next year, and then with the Marlies the year after that.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Drafted last year in 2013, I think it's finally time to give this guy a shot. He might notknow how to speak english, but he is ripping up the QJMHL. If he can be our next Toews, he might be able to slot in as the #1 centre. Imagine these lines:

JVR-Gauthier-Kessel
Lupul-McClement-Clarkson
Raymond-Smithson-Kulemin
McLaren-McKegg-Orr

It's lacking, since Bird Seed Bolland is injured, Bozo the Clown is injured, and Nasty Nazem will be suspended 5+ games after his two dirty headshots... but this is the future. It's time to see what our 2013 draft pick stud is made of.

im beginning to think that your just trolling... your posts and threads that you've been making lately have been awful.. please just stop.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Ripping it up? Not at all!!!

He's playing this year like he's pissed at being drafted by the Leafs.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
This is embarassing...

Especially considering that the OP trashes our current C's with his "nicknames".

Probably one of Marchand's cousins coming on here to troll the Leafs' board.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He has 19 points in 20 games...

How many points did he get last year?

In your post draft year, most 1st rd picks improve their production to be considered as a blue chip prospects. The status quo of last year's only modest stats is not progression.

Not unless our expectations for this prospect are a ceiling max #3C.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Watched him last night in Moncton.

Unfortunately his offensive game hasn't taken off..

He's a big body , but struggled in the circle and isn't offensive minded at all. He didn't seemed interested , no drive.

He was good without the puck. Played in all three zones. Was used on the PK. His -2 wasn't really anything to do with him , their goalie struggled early and let in a few bad goals.

Unless something changes drastically , I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd line guy. He actually reminds me more and more of David Steckal....

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Watched him last night in Moncton.

Unfortunately his offensive game hasn't taken off..

He's a big body , good in the circle but isn't offensive minded at all. He didn't seemed interested , no drive.

He was good without the puck. Played in all three zones. Was used on the PK.

Unless something changes drastically , I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd line guy. He actually reminds me more and more of David Steckal....

He reminded me of Nik Antropov lite when I saw him this summer, that would be preferable to Steckel who was also a former first rd pick. Thanks for your honest review. We need more honest assessments on our prospects here. One can only hope he shows more. But thus far, bottom 6 player is what we have here.

Last edited:

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
1. Thank goodness this wasn't posted on the main board.

2. Think before you make threads, it really seems like you're trolling.

3. I would be more then happy if Gauthier becomes a 30 pt, shutdown 3rd line center.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
1. Thank goodness this wasn't posted on the main board.

2. Think before you make threads, it really seems like you're trolling.

3. I would be more then happy if Gauthier becomes a 30 pt, shutdown 3rd line center.

colbourn type player, both drafted mid. 1st round:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad